Dual Showman 2x15

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Byrdman

Dual Showman 2x15

Post by Byrdman »

Hi all, I'm new here. I found y'all searching for either a Dual Showman 2x15 cabinet to buy or plans to build one. I am extremely impressed that Only one or two plans seem to exist online for almost any of the Fender amps/cabs. It seems hard to believe, I"m hoping it' just me:) Any info anyone may have would be very much appreciated!
Stevem

Re: Dual Showman 2x15

Post by Stevem »

Instead of trying to build one you might have luck finding a used vertical 2-12" Bandmaster cabinet to mod and restore.
Because of there size not many folks want these big guys.

I have one. ( 2-12" version) and they are the same size as the Showman cabinets I believe, but have the baffle cut out for the 15" drivers.

The later versions of these cabinets even have port cut outs.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Roe

Re: Dual Showman 2x15

Post by Roe »

not all cabs are equal. the size of the 2x15 cabs varied somewhat. I remember doing an A/B test of two cabs, and the biggest one (45½" x 30" x 11½" (115.6 x 76.2 x 29.2 cm).) sounded the best, at least for bass.
Cf: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... st-8510339
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s