new Princeton build: how to delete trem

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

asilker

new Princeton build: how to delete trem

Post by asilker »

What's up folks

I'm drawing up a schematic for a new from-scratch amp build based on a BF Princeton. I'd like to delete the trem circuit.

Here's an easy to read schematic, although I'm sure many of you are intimately acquainted:
https://www.mojotone.com/Amp_Kits/Black ... rb_SCH.pdf

In the PR, we're looking at a bias trem setup, so the circuit connects to the 6v6 tubes by way of 220k resistors to the grid. I believe I would delete these resistors, am I wrong?

Thanks for any help
Last edited by asilker on Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sluckey

Re: new Princeton build: how to delete trem

Post by sluckey »

asilker wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:10 am In the PR, we're looking at a bias trem setup, so the circuit connects to the 6v6 tubes by way of 220k resistors to the grid. I believe I would delete these resistors, am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. BTW, your image is really a pdf file. Please edit and remove the "img' tags.

This is how it should look...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

I just remembered that Hoffman has a PR without trem. His circuit has an adjustable bias mod. See attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
asilker

Post by asilker »

sluckey wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:51 am
asilker wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:10 am In the PR, we're looking at a bias trem setup, so the circuit connects to the 6v6 tubes by way of 220k resistors to the grid. I believe I would delete these resistors, am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. BTW, your image is really a pdf file. Please edit and remove the "img' tags.

This is how it should look...
Hey sluckey thank you for a quick and direct response.

Post edited -- and yeesh how embarrassing, GRID BIAS come on asilker! 8)