Current production Fender ‘65 Deluxe Reverb help

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Charlie Wilson

Current production Fender ‘65 Deluxe Reverb help

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Anybody have a schematic or any intel on the current production Fender ‘65 Deluxe Reverb? They are doing something different with the wiring of the rectifier tube and I need to fix one.
Thanks,
CW
Last edited by Charlie Wilson on Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
sluckey

Re: Current production Fender ‘65 Deluxe Reverb help

Post by sluckey »

Not many different ways to wire a 5AR4. I would think this schematic would be usable...

https://el34world.com/charts/Schematics ... manual.pdf
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Yeah, you would think. This amp has one single yellow power transformer lead going to the filament contact on the tube socket. The other filament contact on the tube socket has a single grey wire going to the board. There is a blue/black lead that comes off the transformer going to the board. The yellow lead and blue/black lead seem to be of the same wind as there is very little resistance between them but when I measure the AC volts on each of the leads unloaded, I get 5 volts on the yellow and 130 volts on the blue/black. I can lift the board and probably figure this out it just would be much easier to see a current schematic (2022-2023). This is a very recent change to these amps.
CW
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:38 am The yellow lead and blue/black lead seem to be of the same wind as there is very little resistance between them but when I measure the AC volts on each of the leads unloaded, I get 5 volts on the yellow and 130 volts on the blue/black.
Are you measuring these voltages with one meter lead connected to chassis? If so, don't do that. Instead, connect one meter lead to pin 2 and the other meter lead to pin 8 of the rectifier socket. I bet you will measure 5VAC.
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

So here is what is going on with this amplifier. Fender has made changes to the circuit that apparently the service department wasn't even aware of. One of the rectifier filament leads (yellow) goes to the tube socket the other (blue) goes to the circuit board. Between the rectifier filament lead and the B+ is a Littlefuse Pico 7A fuse. (little green component). In this case, the fuse burnt open.
CW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.