BF deluxe stamps

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

maxkracht

BF deluxe stamps

Post by maxkracht »

Anyone know what the "W.A." stamps inside this amp are, and why are there so many, aside from a faulty ink pad? Also, what is the QSA test? not sure if I have ever seen that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampdan

Re: BF deluxe stamps

Post by ampdan »

CSA test is a safety certification like UL (Underwriters laboratories). The W.A. is probably quality control person.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

ampdan wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:19 pm CSA test is a safety certification like UL (Underwriters laboratories).
Thanks, the "C" helped my search terms. Does this mean the amp was meant for the Canadian market and that's why I don't remember seeing that particular stamp before?

W.A. must have been very confident in the quality. I guess the amp was still mostly working, so good on them.
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

Canadian Standards Assoc.
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Is it possible that this amp was an article sent to CSA for certification, and later sold or otherwise released?
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

In terms of today, Canada requires specific color wires for the primary and secondary AC wiring and there not the U.S colors .

There blue, brown , green and black if I recall right.

I don’t know how far back this requirement goes, but if it goes back to the production era of this amp you picture then that amp never got sent to Canada to be checked for meeting it’s standards, or it may have come back from that confirmation session and got converted back with the installation of a U.S. production PT and that’s why there’s ink stamps all over.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

Thanks for the input everyone! No signs of rework before I got the thing, but as far as I know, it could have been living in Canada before it made its way here. Will ask the owner.