Reverb Build

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Gerrit666

Reverb Build

Post by Gerrit666 »

Recently build a tube reverb based on a Guyatone Fr3000 schematic I found in the www. Driving the reverb tank is pretty similar to the Fender Reverb. The second half of the ECC83 is used as a buffer (cathode follower) at the of the chain. Additionally there are 3 JFET for dry signal, mix and volume. The bass knob is basically the 250p cap after the tone control known from the Fender Reverb schematic bypassed by a 1Meg pot.

It works fine with a 2 spring tank. I also tried a 3 spring tank but that was too much.

I observed some distortion after the 6K6 with the scope but was not able to find the cause. Not clipping but the sine wave is deformed. Tried also a different 6K6 as well as a 6V6 with same result. Not sure if this is normal for this kind of schematic. Maybe somebody else had similar observation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevem

Re: Reverb Build

Post by Stevem »

What does the output wave form look like?

Is it reaching saturation before cut off, or the other way around?

How far into class A is the output tube biased?
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Gerrit666

Post by Gerrit666 »

The tube is biased with a 1k resistor and a 22uF bypass cap. Additionally I added the 56V Zener protection as shown in the Fender Reverb Service Manual.

Unfortunately I took no image of the wave form from the scope. The sine wave was not flattened on the top or bottom.

However, I plan to build a standard Fender Reverb anyway and will see if there is a similar effect.
bepone

Post by bepone »

Too much guessing on this thread, missing all info
-schematic
-voltages
-oscillograms

Then reverb type, reverb transformer compatibility, drive signals-

zillion things.

In text mode is not possible to repair anything.

From the practice: there is no difference in functionality between reverb 2 strings and 3 strings.

Then concentrated obeserver will ask himself.. how reverb tank in 2 or 3 strings is the same? One working other distorting.Impossible. Interesting. Means what? We are arriving to the solution in very guessing thread.