Modding the Fender Standalone Reverb tank

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rooster

Modding the Fender Standalone Reverb tank

Post by rooster »

This is a just a post to sort something I read here years ago in regards to modding a Fender tank to a version that Kendrick had created. The idea was to turn the tank into something that could be used as either an EXT FX patched into a recording interface (or live PA FX channel) or something that could be used in the FX loop of an amp. ...At least that was my assumption.

So one schematic was posted as representative of what Kendrick did to create this 'dual' use reverb tank by Dave (not sure if he's still here?). See here:

And then heres the stock circuit:

I've never tried the alteration but I was considering it as I have a standalone Fender reverb. So this is a note to whomever might try this: There's a flaw here that deals with phase polarity of the two paths in the circuit. Doing this mod (as presented in the altered achematic) will pair the clean guitar signal with the reverse polarity reverb signal. Not cool.

Kendrick's circuit, if this is truly a copy of it, seems flawed. Stll, going into a recording board and isolating only the reverb signal (Mix knob on '10'), it could be used on a seperate FX channel with the channel polarity reversed.

OK, I needed to post this as for some reason I've kept the two schematics on my desktop for at least 10 years. Now you all can deal with it. Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?