'66 BF super reverb mods?

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

skyboltone

Re: '66 BF super reverb mods?

Post by skyboltone »

Firestorm wrote:
okinky wrote:hi, i have an original '66 blackface super reverb and was just wondering what mods i could do to it to make it sound more like a dumble? thanks
You know, that is widely considered to be one of the holy grail Fender amps. I've heard rumors that there is a special place in Hell for people who mod them. :twisted: At least don't do anything irreversible.
+++++++1
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
skyboltone

Re: Aack!

Post by skyboltone »

RockinLocken wrote: If it's too loud put in some low db pyle's ala Derek Trucks.
Tell me more. Which speakers? Who has them? What do they sound like? I like Trucks tone but I haven't heard him in person.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
heisthl

Re: '66 BF super reverb mods?

Post by heisthl »

The story I heard was he was playing somewhere on the road in his early touring days and blew up the speakers in his SuperReverb. The only store in town sold PYLEs and he bought 4 PYLE bass 10's because that's all they had. They became his speaker of choice although PYLE has not made any for years. I'll ask him in January when I see him.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com