Cliff PC Jack problem

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Randy Magee

Cliff PC Jack problem

Post by Randy Magee »

I have a single input JCM 800 Lead amp on the bench with a bad input jack. I can't seem to find a source for the Cliff jack that is used on this PC board. The pins that connect to the circuit board on any replacements that I can find are the reverse on the original. In the image below the original is the top jack and the replacement is the bottom. Does anyone know of a source for this reverse of normal PC jack?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy Magee
John_P_WI

Re: Cliff PC Jack problem

Post by John_P_WI »

When looking for a source, you need type PCA/S/Rev. Sorry can't answer the question but do know that Newark and MCM carry Cliff.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

John_P_WI wrote:When looking for a source, you need type PCA/S/Rev. Sorry can't answer the question but do know that Newark and MCM carry Cliff.
https://www.tubesandmore.com/sites/defa ... s-h905.pdf

Looked around for an hour but could not find that jack I would contact sales at Cliff USA or UK for the part or part source.

Mark
Randy Magee

Post by Randy Magee »

I think I'm just going to put a Switchcraft in there and be done with it...
Randy Magee
jaysg

Post by jaysg »

Randy Magee wrote:I think I'm just going to put a Switchcraft in there and be done with it...
It's an old amp. I think whether you go Switchcraft or Cliff, you'll have to fly the leads.
Randy Magee

Post by Randy Magee »

You're right about flying the leads... there is not room for a cliff jack unless it's a PC jack that I can't source... I could get them from the UK, but I'd have to buy 1000 to get 1 and I don't figure this problem will come up 999 more times. I used a Switchcraft with insulating washers and it works just fine.
Randy Magee