JTM45 Clapton knobs

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

lovetone

JTM45 Clapton knobs

Post by lovetone »

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Clopton knobs from original or alternative?

I have just picked up a 1964 JTM45 needs a bit of love and care plus a full set of knobs.

I'll post a few pictures soon just very busy right know.

Cheers
pdf64

Re: JTM45 Clapton knobs

Post by pdf64 »

Clopton is Gad?
I think they're called Pecalit knobs.
Lots of knobs at Banzai, this may be passable http://www.banzaimusic.com/Bullseye-knob.html
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Brian Wallace. Tell him you need the knobs I am afraid to ask for.

www.marstran.com
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

lovetone wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Clopton knobs from original or alternative?

I have just picked up a 1964 JTM45 needs a bit of love and care plus a full set of knobs.

Cheers
Good luck as the real knobs as rare as Angel's hair. I ran across a NOS set on eBay back in 09' and the seller had a BIN price of $300. I failed to jump on them and as I figured, they did not list a full day.

Beware because there are fake ones, matter of fact the GB outfit that was passing off fake amps at one time was selling single "real" knobs at $75-100 and they weren't even close to the real thing.

TM
Last edited by ToneMerc on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

pdf64 wrote:Clopton is Gad?
Lots of knobs at Banzai, this may be passable http://www.banzaimusic.com/Bullseye-knob.html
Pekalit

TM
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

pdf64 wrote:Clopton is Gad?
Hi thanks for that (Clopton) er Clapton.

I had seen these which I might use to start with or just chicken heads.

Geoff
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Reeltarded wrote:Brian Wallace. Tell him you need the knobs I am afraid to ask for.

www.marstran.com
Thanks I'll email Brian not spoken to him in a long time but its worth a shot.
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

ToneMerc wrote:
lovetone wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Clopton knobs from original or alternative?

Cheers
Good luck as the real knobs as rare as Angel's hair. I ran across a NOS set on eBay back in 09' and the seller had a BIN price of $300. I failed to jump on them and as I figured, they did not list a full day.

Beware because there are fake ones, matter of fact the GB outfit that was passing off fake amps at one time was selling single "real" knobs at $75-100 and they weren't even close to the real thing.

TM
I have come across that company a few years ago I don't think they are in business now, I think they had someone selling parts on ebay for a while but that's gone now.

Cheers.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

lovetone wrote:
Reeltarded wrote:Brian Wallace. Tell him you need the knobs I am afraid to ask for.

www.marstran.com
He used copies on his brown covered amps. They are pretty much identical.. if you aren't micro scoping it. He told me all I had to do was ask. I am funny about things you can't find..

Ask if he has two sets then lol
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
rp

Post by rp »

You've seen one old Marshall you've seen them all, still how about a few picts of a 1964 jtm45?
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

rp wrote:You've seen one old Marshall you've seen them all, still how about a few picts of a 1964 jtm45?
I will post some as soon as I have time.
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Reeltarded wrote:
lovetone wrote:

www.marstran.com
He used copies on his brown covered amps. They are pretty much identical.. if you aren't micro scoping it. He told me all I had to do was ask. I am funny about things you can't find..

Ask if he has two sets then lol
I sent him an email but now reply :(
coldengray

Post by coldengray »

Old thread, but I have the part number for the knobs Wallace used to use. They require some sanding to create the "Clapton Knob" look. They are pretty close but obviously not perfect. Take a look:

[IMG:768:1024]http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b415/Coldengray/CE3C37D8-7ED6-4F68-AEB1-C961F4D2E089_zps9sfz5plg.jpg[/img]

[IMG:1024:768]http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b415/Coldengray/2EEB1504-2185-49BD-963A-AC8B91DD674F_zpshjof778t.jpg[/img]
jelle

Post by jelle »

What is that part number?
coldengray

Post by coldengray »

I need to dig through my emails...stay tuned.