Angus and Stevie Young Marshalls

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Littlewyan

Angus and Stevie Young Marshalls

Post by Littlewyan »

Marshall Amps just posted a photo of Angus and Stevie Young's Marshall Amps with their settings.

At first I thought, ah these are just the 70s Super Leads, however if you look at the labels below the volume controls you will see, volume and gain. So looks like they play Super Leads converted into Master Volume Amps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob S

Re: Angus and Stevie Young Marshalls

Post by Bob S »

That's a wall of doom right there.
No wonder Brian lost his hearing.
Why Aye Man
Smokebreak

Post by Smokebreak »

Interesting . That would free up a triode. What I find most interesting is that they are employing non-cranked amps.
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

I meant they've possibly been converted to 2203 amps. Before the JCM800 was released Marshall used to just modify the super leads into the Master Volume amps I believe. Don't quote me on that though :D.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Smokebreak wrote:Interesting . That would free up a triode. What I find most interesting is that they are employing non-cranked amps.
Yeah, they don't really play filthy. Years ago, I read an article in some guitar magazine called "Dirty Deeds, Done Quite Clean" where they discussed that fact.