Friedman Dirty Shirley thoughts.

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Guitarjb

Re: Friedman Dirty Shirley thoughts.

Post by Guitarjb »

martin manning wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 pm That’s basically an eyelet board type of construction, and I’d say calling it “hand wired” is not exaggerating.
Ok, great- thank you for helping clear that up for me. As I mentioned previously- it’s a GREAT amp, no complaints. I was just curious about the “Hand Wired” claim.

Joe
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

I have modified a 1959 reissue for a friend into a DS.

I have a problem with oscillation when using the high gain setting on the 3 way switch. This occurs when the gain control is near full. I have used screen cable from the input jack socket to the tube base and also from the gain pot to the tube base which has made difference in that I can now push the gain control higher before than before. I have installed a 68K grid stopper on the grin of V1a.

The high gain setting uses a 3k3 in parallel with a 0.68uf i have tried using a 0.47uf but no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem?
tazwolf

Post by tazwolf »

M. Fowler posted a layout of the ds mini on page 4. I am new to fx loops, could someone explain why there is a resistor divider 560k/ 220k on the return from the fx loop at the master vol pot? If the loop is in use then the signal will be attenuated but if the loop is not in use then the signal will be attenuated by the divider anyway, what would be the reason for reducing the signal to the PI that much?