2555 voltages issues. help

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gmule12

Re: 2555 voltages issues. help

Post by gmule12 »

All pins and wires are connected properly. I send power tubes back. I will rapport you back about the voltage when I get new ones. Thanks for your input. It's nice when you can found people ready to help.
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

When you get your new tubes and before installing them set the bias voltage on pin 5 to -42 volts in this way you will not harm the new tubes in any way and then when the amp has been on for 5 minutes you can set the bias current from the test points.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
gmule12

Post by gmule12 »

Hi everyone. Ok , I was on the phone with guy who sold me the el34l jj tubs and after testing them, hi said that tubes are ok . Ok or not? Before I send them I try set bias, in ceriatone we have slot for every tube socket for bias ok. Now. 1 tube reading was very of 51 mv where another three have 37mv. So I swap the one with 51mv in to another socket and tubes show me 50 mv . Now is my tube is bad or this guy talking shit. Thanks for any input.