Marshall 200 LAYOUT Needed

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

DaveWell

Post by DaveWell »

Hi !
Someone got the layout of the Marshall Major 200W alias THE PIG ?
Stevem

Re: Marshall 200 LAYOUT Needed

Post by Stevem »

I have fixed a lot of them , but now that you mentioned it , never took any pictures of the guts!

That being said though it's not far removed from the standard 50 or 100 watt super lead layout in terms of wiring , I mean you have a lot of area on these big chassis!

The biggest difference if you ask me is that the output tube screen resistors being as big as they where for the KT88 output tubes where bolted down to the under side of the chassis right to the side of each output tube .

Some of these amps used hollow core type screen resistors which made them easy to bolt down, and others did not.

The most important thing on these amps that can be improved upon is the wire lead lenght from the plates of the driver tube to the output tubes.
If I was building one I would center the driver tube inbetween the pairs of output tubes and of course use shielded wire for any of the high gain low signal level preamp stage wire runs.

Don't expect the amp to be noise free when you are working on it if you do not have a steel or Aluminum plate covering the bottom of the amp and it's making ground with the chassis!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

This is the longest thread on this amp

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=Major
Vince

Post by Vince »