AO-43 to Silver Jubilee

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

maxkracht

Re: AO-43 to Silver Jubilee

Post by maxkracht »

Excellent build! I am jealous of your CNC and related faceplate skills. The toner transfer/etch/spraypaint stuff I do is a pain... Did you have any problems with the rivets behind the faceplates? I always drill them out and put in new screws through the faceplate corners on Hammond builds, but it doesn't look like there's much bend after everything was installed. Maybe I am doing extra work for no reason?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Geez such good work, I'm going to send all my Hammond organ chassis to you!

Mark
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

maxkracht wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:55 pm Excellent build! I am jealous of your CNC and related faceplate skills. The toner transfer/etch/spraypaint stuff I do is a pain... Did you have any problems with the rivets behind the faceplates? I always drill them out and put in new screws through the faceplate corners on Hammond builds, but it doesn't look like there's much bend after everything was installed. Maybe I am doing extra work for no reason?
There wasn't enough bend to really worry about. I thought about cutting shallow pockets on the back of the plates to allow for it, but I don't think it was worth the trouble.

I have updated the 1st post on the 1st page with the latest and greatest.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
andresound

Post by andresound »

Beautiful build. Inspiring. I have an AO-43 lying around.., time to get to work. Thank you for the post
If it sounds good, it is good! Trust your ears
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Sounclips? :D
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."