Removal of london power

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

peckjed

Removal of london power

Post by peckjed »

I am looking to either remove the London Power in this amp completely or remove the power scaling pot so its running full power all the time. Has anyone ever done this on a fargen? Unfortunately no schematic to be had, and and no standard PCB used from London Power. The power scaling knob is the one closest to the pilot light, if this were to be removed, would it be possible to just complete the circuit on the board and have no pot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcsifu

Re: Removal of london power

Post by jcsifu »

What happened under that 10w 620 sand resistor?
peckjed

Post by peckjed »

jcsifu wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:59 pm What happened under that 10w 620 sand resistor?
The original one was mounted TOUCHING the board and apparently got pretty hot. Previous owner had a tech fix it.
frankdrebin

Post by frankdrebin »

jcsifu wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:59 pm What happened under that 10w 620 sand resistor?
power of boutique
frankdrebin

Post by frankdrebin »

i wouldn't remove a thing,just rewire the pot such as its on max value,so remove wire from pin 2 and solder it to pin 3 along with the existing wire,it should be ok.
peckjed

Post by peckjed »

frankdrebin wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 am i wouldn't remove a thing,just rewire the pot such as its on max value,so remove wire from pin 2 and solder it to pin 3 along with the existing wire,it should be ok.
I like that idea. Would I be able to essentially do that without the pot entirely by connecting where the white and blue wires from the pot meet the board and removing the red wire entirely?

This is the pot it’s using: https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products ... inear-28mm
peckjed

Post by peckjed »

frankdrebin wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 am i wouldn't remove a thing,just rewire the pot such as its on max value,so remove wire from pin 2 and solder it to pin 3 along with the existing wire,it should be ok.
Also, I think it would be backwards (I’ll need to check)... as when the pot is on 0 it’s full volume. So solder lug 2 to 1. Perhaps that blue wire is ground? I’ll have to investigate. It would be nice to eliminate the pot all together and either move the standby switch up top or maybe add a presence knob.