Marshall head cabinet specifications

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

wpaulvogel

Marshall head cabinet specifications

Post by wpaulvogel »

I’m looking for information about the details of the plywood thickness for the box, front panel and rear panel. I think the box and front are 15mm birch. The radius for the box. 3/4 roundover? How do you do the face of the box. I’m thinking a 1 inch plate mounted on the face plate mounts just for the route?
I’m interested in building my own cabinets and getting them right. I wish I had a real plexi cab to check everything.
thetragichero

Re: Marshall head cabinet specifications

Post by thetragichero »

working on finishing up a cab build (today was tolex hell) and a matching headshell for the amp chassis is next on my list
i have a jcm2000 that i may draw inspiration on

anyway enjoy! making sawdust is fun!
PRR wrote: Plotting loadlines is only for the truly desperate, or terminally bored.
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

I hope this can be useful
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Headshell JMP50.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

Sorta late to the party - I have 1959, JMP2203 & JCM800 heads and am happy to take measurements you need.

Russ
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

Geeze wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:24 am Sorta late to the party - I have 1959, JMP2203 & JCM800 heads and am happy to take measurements you need.

Russ
This is a good opportunity top up to database. Make measurements and publish in this topic. It would also be good to show detailed photos. I can make CAD drawings and post them here for shared use
wpaulvogel

Post by wpaulvogel »

I got it figured out and have built two. Third one is about to begin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.