My first amp build, 2204 based.

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Steveo

My first amp build, 2204 based.

Post by Steveo »

I wanted to post my amp build because this forum has helped me out quite a few times. Its my first amp and im really pleased with it. The layout isnt perfect because as you can see its a 2204 in an slo chassis which is all backwards. I learned a lot from it for the next one though. The output transformer is what heyboer called an SLO wind so maybe its got something different from the normal 2204 OT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Re: My first amp build, 2204 based.

Post by sluckey »

Wish I could say my first build looked that pretty!
thetragichero

Post by thetragichero »

still have the chassis from my first build. gutted a raven solid state 1x12 combo for a 5e3 kit build. didn't have any real butts it even a powerful drill (let alone chassis punches) so i just drilled a bunch of holes and used pliers to work out the pieces. turret board wasn't even attached to anything... just floated suspended by the wires attached to the offboard components. i actually gigged with it quite a bit until it mysteriously stopped working.

gutted this awhile back for other builds. the transformers ended up in my oft-modded fender excelsior

nothing like yours... good work!
PRR wrote: Plotting loadlines is only for the truly desperate, or terminally bored.
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

Wow,it shows how determined you were to make it, thats cool. I was able to borrow a nice greenlee step bit from work for the bigger holes. I did have a drill set for the smaller ones. The chassis was $50 off of ebay from russia and it came with the grills. I didnt realize how different things would be by using this chassis though compared to my original layout. I made some mistakes in wiring i didnt know until after like wiring the presence pot just a little bit wrong will give you around 350vdc on it :shock: I kind of rushed the woodwork because i needed to get it enclosed before the kids got to it. Thanks