Marshall MAG50dfx Volume Low

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

onur

Marshall MAG50dfx Volume Low

Post by onur »

Hello everyone,

I don't know much about the amp electronics. When I turn the amp on, sometimes the volume was being very low. It may sound funny but I used to fix this issue by putting something heavy on it / sitting on the amp. It used to solve my issue however but not, it doesn't fix too.

There is so low volume in the output currently. Please help me out!

Onur
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Marshall MAG50dfx Volume Low

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Onur,

Generally this forum is for amp builders and techs learning more about building and repairing amps.

If you've got no experience usually the best suggestion is to take it to an amp technician near you.

Low volume can SOMETIMES be a problem with tubes and you could buy a replacment set of tubes for the amp, and try that as a fix, but it's no guarantee.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
onur

Post by onur »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 pm Onur,

Generally this forum is for amp builders and techs learning more about building and repairing amps.

If you've got no experience usually the best suggestion is to take it to an amp technician near you.

Low volume can SOMETIMES be a problem with tubes and you could buy a replacment set of tubes for the amp, and try that as a fix, but it's no guarantee.

~Phil
Hi,

Thanks for replying my question. My amp is not a tube amp. I wrote here because someone my suggest me to clear the pots. Since I am not sure that I must clear them, I wont do anything.

Again, thanks for your response.
onur

Post by onur »

UPDATE
I just have dissembled the amp and tightened the bolt which holds the loudspeaker jack input of the amp. And it solved the issue.