Ceriatone yeti 2 channel build

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Michael80

Ceriatone yeti 2 channel build

Post by Michael80 »

Hi guys,
I'm planning to build the yeti amp, but i want to have a second seperate clean channel as well.
So i found this renegade amp schematic from the AX84 forum and i want to copy the clean channel and the relay switching.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/191267626 ... ed-public/
Do you think that it will work ok in the yeti?
From the layout of the yeti i see that the grid resistor from the second stage, pin 7, goes to ground through a 1n capacitor.Is it ok to bypass the cap when switching to clean?(as per renegade pin 7 connects to ground).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/191267626 ... ed-public/

Any help is appreciated!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Ceriatone yeti 2 channel build

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Since I know absolutely 0 about the ceriatone yeti 2, I have no way of answering that question.

Do you have a schematic of the yeti 2? Do you ahve the transformer specs? If the transformers can't handle the additional current, then no, it won't work, but if they can, it might, again if we know the schematic you're expecting to modify.

Since this is your first post, we also aren't aware of your skill level? Can you update the schematic yourself? Understand how to create the layout yourself to adapt to the additional input you're wanting? If not, you're effectively asking us to do free work to design a preamp stage for you... someone might want to, but usually around here the way that's pulled off is not a full updated schematic, but a section of a schematic that represents the channel and you'd need to know how to implement that into the amp.

I'm not saying nobody will help with that, but for a new forum member coming in and asking, with very little detail "can you design me my dream amp?" could come off as a bit presumptuous to the forum members.

The bulk of what happens here is helping people fill in gaps of things they're missing, not designing things for them.

Hope that doesn't come off as rude, but in effect, you'll get what you put into the forum.

Have you made any attempt to draw up a schematic of the channel you're wanting?

etc.

Also what you're asking for, is something that's almost 100% doable if you source everything yourself from scratch because you can calculate the PT requirements, OT requirements yourself etc, then design a layout, build it from scratch etc.

The fact that you're getting an existing layout/build and wanting to modify it means you're looking to do something a bit more cookie cutter, instead of designed from scratch, so that's another important thing to understand.

Basically please provide quite a bit more information and we can see if people here have a sense of what you want, and if there's already a cookie cutter solution to it or not.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Michael80

Post by Michael80 »

Ok maybe i misunderstood myself.It wasn't my intetion.
My question was if this kind of switching is applicable in the yeti schematic, (which i posted), regarding pin 7 that goes to ground.
sorry but my English isn't very good...Anyway thanks.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I'm definitely confused, because your first post seemed to have two questions:

1. can I add a second channel to my Yeti 2 build
2. can I use the relays in my build

Again, knowing the answer to even part 2 is based upon the point I made:

Does the power transformer on your build have any spare current to handle adding relays. Relays don't use a ton of current, but they use some. If the transformer is specced to exactly the current needed by the tubes, then you can't. Unless you add an additional transformer that can be the relay power.

This is why I'm asking you to provide more detail.

Or are you 'not' going to add a second clean channel to the amp? Or did I misunderstand because I know nothing about the yeti and it has a clean channel but you want to change it to a 'different' clean channel?

I understand language barrier may be a problem. There are many people from many countries here, maybe they can translate it for you? What language do you speak?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!