angelodp

Re: Lead 100 Watt started

Post by angelodp »

Thank you sir
roberto

Re: ID this part

Post by roberto »

Hi angelodp,
why didn't you open one single thread instead of multiple ones?
It would have been useful for other users trying to build the same kit.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Hi Roberto, yes I see that now. I was just trying to get some quick info which led to other concerns.
roberto

Post by roberto »

No worries, you can ask to the moderators to merge the threads, if possible and if it makes sense.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Debating to myself whether to implement the PPIMV now or wait until the basic build is up and running. I know that, long ago, when doing the Dlite build many were advised to delay the effects loop implementation until the base line build was working. Somewhat rhetorical, but if you have been down this road?

I am waiting for the 56k 3W and will take solid advice from SLuckey. I also am shying away from the bias points on the rear for this build. For now I am sourcing the larger vertical 25k trim pot for the board.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Test points on the outside of the chassis are really only worthwhile if the bias pot is accessible from the outside too.

angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Yes yes clearly. Thanks. With the quad its a bunch of bits to jam in there. I could run 22g down to the clear end
and install there, with pot and all. Hmmm.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

I have a Plexi DPST installed with the grey/blue PT secondary wires installed. I did a quick test of the switch, no power and I am seeing these results. Does this seem correct?
Ok I get it, its reading the winding... all good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

AC run. On the twisted pair of Live/Neutral to the Mains switch ( I am switching both live and neutral to the PT
Primaries, DPST), is it best to run that pair of wires a bit away from the other bundle of wires? I see on some older builds that those wires are all bundled with the primary and secondary wires. My though is to keep those two wires (twisted) away from the other bundle of wires, parallel but separate. Makes sense?

A
xtian

Post by xtian »

No special attention needed. All the wires entering and exiting the PT are AC, and you can bundle them all up together. Parallel or twisted, no difference. Do what looks best.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Thanks man, will do. BTW I was looking at your lead dress on your latest build and how it really has been inspired by the Trainwreck pics I have seen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Ground Scheme for this amp - I am going by the Metro layout. ??

Mains - to its own spot near the IEC

Mains Filter 50/50 - to its own spot at the Cap

PI Filter/ Bias wind ground/ Heater ground at the Filter

1 ohm bias R's at each power tube

Preamp Filter / V1 Cathodes/ V2 Cathodes/ inputs/ bias trimmer on Bus wire to Filter ground using the
Choke bolt to the chassis.

Screen 50/50 - to its own spot
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Moving along. Now have the Grid R's in.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

I am thinking about splitting out the Presence ground from the pre-amp bus bar over to the PI filter cap. I can either route that wire through the area just between the main filter caps or back along the chassis edge around to the cap. Would either method work?
xtian

Post by xtian »

angelodp wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:02 pm I am thinking about splitting out the Presence ground from the pre-amp bus bar over to the PI filter cap. I can either route that wire through the area just between the main filter caps or back along the chassis edge around to the cap. Would either method work?
I agree that presence ground should be grouped with PI/reservoir caps, not with preamp stuff.

I can't visualize your routing choices, but don't anticipate any issues.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com