Dirty Harry 2

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Colossal

Re: Dirty Harry 2

Post by Colossal »

"We have just folded space from IX. Many machines on IX...new machines...better than those on Richese..."

navigator.jpg
^^ Reeltarded in the year 10,191 :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

6EB0499A-1DA1-4953-B3A1-069ECAF4CCAA.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 pm I hate to tell you.. in 10^70 years, when all of the entropy has been swallowed by the ultra massive black holes, at a time when the black holes have evaporated completely as simple ionized particles speeding through virtual nothingness at near the speed of light, and in a kind of region that comes to an absolute ground state.. those particles entering those regions are now in violation of the collapsed second law of thermo dynamics, blowing through an existential speed trap where the limit is nearer to zero than 300,000km/ps...

i have other news that is pretty good though.. i saved over 300% by firing geico.
Heavy! You know the galaxy is still expanding, that's the good part.
Amp building is good leverage for these existential issues such as Geico.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

didit wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:17 pm
erwin_ve wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:45 am
Reeltarded wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:47 pm we are all moving toward infinity and the evolution of all amps ends at a singularity

im not kidding

:)
Im fine with that :D as long as it doesnt end with a big bang.
Space-time gets well & truly dilated; such that you really won't notice all, and so won't care.

Comfortably numb!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

foever is a long time.. especially toward the end
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:13 am foever is a long time.. especially toward the end
Finally some clips:

Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

erwin_ve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Reeltarded wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:13 am foever is a long time.. especially toward the end
Finally some clips:

I really like that amp. It sounds great!
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:32 am
erwin_ve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Finally some clips:

I really like that amp. It sounds great!
Thank you Miles! The amp is more mid focused compared than other Marshall designs. Basically due to the 1uF bypass cathode caps. Even a strat is sounding fat. For really heavy djent,shugga shugga etc turning all mids out is also possible but this amp is more classic 80-ies style where its best. My first possible gig is somewhere august if there isnt a lockdown. Hard to believe its more than 1 yr ago since last gig :wink:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yeah the throat it awesome. It has that elastic thing way more than most, probably.. you should stop by after your gig and jam a little.. how much is an Uber to USA 31405? hah
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 pm Yeah the throat it awesome. It has that elastic thing way more than most, probably.. you should stop by after your gig and jam a little.. how much is an Uber to USA 31405? hah
Im surprised you actually can hear that elastic thing. That is exactly is how it feels and never occurred to me someone could hear that. I kept the Ps filtering kind of low on the B+ rail : 50uF, choke 4H, 22uF screen,
22uF(shared PI and v2 tube), 47uF v1 tube. This way the amp compresses easier. The v1 tube has a fairly high filtering(compared to the node in between) and give a nice attack without getting stiff. That's my take on the elasticy.
I can sent you my pcb, you can build it yourself that is way cheaper than a Uber fly/boat!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Gogoe maps says you can walk here in just over 1400 hours but I don't know how...