Louis electric KR12 and Headstrong Loop

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

studiodunn

Louis electric KR12 and Headstrong Loop

Post by studiodunn »

I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time and the right trade came up so here it is. I love look of this cab and have used for several of my builds. All in all a really nice sounding amp that does the tweed to jmp thing well. It's very punchy and has a huge set of transformers that I'm sure lend to it's big sound and bandwidth. A nice thick chassis that has been pre cut for different layouts and super clean dress and layout. The gain staging is cool and is perfect for getting you from clean to grind.The only thing that wouldn't work is using the highest gain setting on a FS. The volume jump is way to big to be practical in a band / live setting.

I owned it for all of 5 minutes before I investigated to see if a loop would fit. Not only would it, but by moving the 8ohm jack down there where two perfectly spaced holes to put the loop in. It was too good not to do it. If only a loop install could be this easy in most amps. And all of this without pulling the chassis....so nice.

Amp sounds fantastic with my Eventide H9 and with a couple other pedals this would make a great gigging amp for any size venue.
IMG_8523.jpg
IMG_8522.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colossal

Re: Louis electric KR12 and Headstrong Loop

Post by Colossal »

Very nice, Mr. Dunn!
studiodunn

Post by studiodunn »

Thanks Dave, hope you're well.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

studiodunn wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 am Thanks Dave, hope you're well.
I am, and thanks, dude! I hope you are doing well and staying safe too. That lovely EVM12L is going in a widebody 1x12 for my 102 build (I'm actually building an amp for myself and not someone else, *gasp*). Transformers got ordered today and got my chassis from Taylor.

I sure like those Golds with a Bassman/JTM circuit.
studiodunn

Post by studiodunn »

Colossal wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:55 am
studiodunn wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 am Thanks Dave, hope you're well.
I am, and thanks, dude! I hope you are doing well and staying safe too. That lovely EVM12L is going in a widebody 1x12 for my 102 build (I'm actually building an amp for myself and not someone else, *gasp*). Transformers got ordered today and got my chassis from Taylor.

I sure like those Golds with a Bassman/JTM circuit.
Awesome to hear, and that lovely combo cab is housing my rocket build in a pretty big studio right now. I love when trades work like that.

Can't wait to see some build pics when you get them. BTW, who is Taylor and does he do custom chassis?
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Taylor is Taylor from Amplified Nation. He has his own amp company, but he has been providing unbranded D-style chassis and board sets for ODS and John Mayer style builds. They are very well made. Check the For Sale section for his listings. I will start a build thread when I get all my parts and whatnot.