30W Lite II B build almost finished

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Doxie man

30W Lite II B build almost finished

Post by Doxie man »

Getting close on this one. Rocket iron with a Lite IIB preamp. Should make a dandy pedal platform or wind it up for a pure rock & roll machine 🤘🏻
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colossal

Re: 30W Lite II B build almost finished

Post by Colossal »

Looks great, another nice design. I've always loved the IIb platform. I see you opted for solid state rectification and a Cut control in place lf the usual Tone contol.
Doxie man

Post by Doxie man »

Yes……I found a simple cut control is really all I need with this circuit and I left tube rectifiers a long time ago. A weak link that can be deleted in an amp circuit as far as I’m concerned.
Doxie man

Post by Doxie man »

I’m almost finished with these two. Just a few things to tie up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doxie man

Post by Doxie man »

All I build anymore are 3 circuits:
My Rocket variant
My Lite IIB
My Friedman style high gain circuit.

I’ll build the occasional 5E3 for someone but the 3 circuits I mentioned are all I’m really interested in doing anymore, I can cover anything with those three circuits. None of which are exact clones BTW. They have my own desires and changes built within them.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Doxie man wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:10 am Yes……I found a simple cut control is really all I need with this circuit and I left tube rectifiers a long time ago. A weak link that can be deleted in an amp circuit as far as I’m concerned.
Yes, was just noticing your difference in preference. The IIb is one of my favorite circuits. I've found similar results; Tone or Cut is useful, but both aren't really needed, at least for me. Are you getting about 340VDC B+ with the Rocket PT and solid state?