Dirty Shirley Build

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

DimenBrun

Re: Dirty Shirley Build

Post by DimenBrun »

Interesting. No grid stoppers on the power tubes? I have had a couple of 50 watt Marshalls (1987) on the bench that were like that(using EL34's however). They looked original. Personally, I like them with 5k6 grid stoppers..............but that's me.
pdf64

Post by pdf64 »

Steveo wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:38 am The iec sockets in diylc always mess me up. On your layout are your wires to the iec socket showing the connections of the rear of the socket (inside the amp chassis)?
It looks to me like the layout puts the mains fuse on the neutral side of the mains inlet?
If there was a fault to chassis earth on the live side, the fuse wouldn’t be any use.
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

Yeah thats what i was wondering. Also, i’m not sure how he is visualizing the orientation of the socket in the layout. Looking from outside the chassis it should beImage
craigkimble

Post by craigkimble »

My layout is incomplete in the OG one posted. I didn't really finish that section out since it is the same on all my amps I've built and I go from memory. In the spirit of giving back I updated the drawing to be correct and attached the new version.

The perspective is from the back of the IEC..

The amp came out great BTW. On to my next build.
craigkimble

Post by craigkimble »

For reference here is a finished shot of my build so you can see how the cap cans were installed. This matches the original layout

IMG_7549.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It certainly looks great!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bbalazs

Post by bbalazs »

Thanks for the layout, I just built one amp using the layout and the schematics, this thing is a beast!