Artist 3203 Reverb Tank

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

clarkleach

Artist 3203 Reverb Tank

Post by clarkleach »

I have an Artist 3203 in for service and I'm not sure if it even has the correct reverb tank in it. Does anyone know for sure what tank these are supposed to have?
The reason for my uncertainty is threefold:
1) The tank I pulled out is a 4EB3C1B; it was upside-down to how a B should be mounted.
2) amprepairparts.com seems to think the proper replacement is a ​​4DB3C1D. This does not compute either. These are supposed to be wall mounted with connectors down. Seems highly unlikely in a head.
3) These have different input impedances; the schematic is useless; there is no help from Google.

Any help would be appreciated.
Stevem

Re: Artist 3203 Reverb Tank

Post by Stevem »

My best guess for you is that in terms of input and output impedance’s is that it would be like a replacement pan for a Fender blues deluxe or Deville since they both use a IC to drive the pan and a IC for recovery.
These are only 9” pans and you need a long type, you also need a pan who’s jacks are grounded to the pan it seems by looking at that Marshall’s schematic.

In short I would think that input and output wise something like a 9FB2A1C in a 16” version would work.
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
romberg

Post by romberg »

Here is a picture of the reverb tank mounted in my 3203. I am the original owner and the only one to service this amp. So, this should be the original tank in the original location:
DSCN0225.JPG
I'm assuming the black stamped lettering (which is a bit hard to read) is the model number. I make it out as: 8DB8CI. But a few of the letters are a bit fuzzy. If this is not a big enough clue, I could pull it out of the cabinet to read it better. Let me know.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

I see 8DB2C1. Z-in = 310Ω. Z-out = 2575Ω.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.