Headfirst videos

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mark

Headfirst videos

Post by Mark »

I was wondering if anyone has watched some of the Headfirst Amplification videos on You Tube. If so what are your thoughts?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
John_P_WI

Re: Headfirst videos

Post by John_P_WI »

Mark, as a guy born in the 60's and a 20 something in the long hair metal days of the 80's, I approve of his amp tones. Only watched a couple of vids, wish there was something like that when I first started amp work in the early 90s and used to call guys like Jon McIntyre for help. He is honest with his source of information, doesn't hide his mods, and seems genuine. A lot has certainly changed since we started, and in this case, I feel for the better. What a wealth of information for new builders, and he has good chops too!

Thanks for pointing his vids out.

John
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for your reply. I learnt a few mods from watching his You Tube channel.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
pullshocks

Post by pullshocks »

Headfirst Amplification seems to be focused on hot rodded Marshall and other very high gain designs. Although that is not my cup of tea, I think what he's doing is pretty cool and offers a lot to DIYers. I first became aware of Headfirst Amplification via Slocloneforums.com where he has been a poster, sharing info and answering questions. I have looked at their Facebook group a couple times and it seems very active.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

The only thing I disagree with is the use of caps and too much shielded cable to remove oscillations rather than finding the real problem. Kind of like... Put a bandaid on it instead of solve it mentality.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo