JCM800 faceplate files?

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Matthews Guitars

Re: JCM800 faceplate files?

Post by Matthews Guitars »

I have been making repro JMP and JTM faceplates in plexi and gold anodized brush finished aluminum for several years now.

I haven't gotten into the JCM800 or any newer series simply because I need examples to work from. I'm after maximum accuracy and authenticity, so I won't guess at it,
I actually need samples to compare to and make adjustments to within thousandths of an inch. My objective is always to make repro panels that are taken as pristine originals.

Lately I've had an issue with my gold anodized aluminum supplier. The product with the correct grain appearance has been discontinued and I'm looking for an alternate vendor.

But the plexi panels are no issue. I'm now making several varieties in both a "standard" gold and a premium bronze powder based gold paint, which Marshall hasn't even done since
they discontinued the Plexi panels in late 1969.

The bronze powder based gold paint makes the panels a bit more expensive but the authenticity level is off the charts if I do say so myself. My work has been evaluated by some
of the best Marshall restoration experts on the planet and given their approval.
5 plexi types.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Matthews Guitars wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:22 am I have been making repro JMP and JTM faceplates in plexi and gold anodized brush finished aluminum for several years now.

The bronze powder based gold paint makes the panels a bit more expensive but the authenticity level is off the charts if I do say so myself. My work has been evaluated by some
of the best Marshall restoration experts on the planet and given their approval.

5 plexi types.jpg

Crescent #59 gold/limegold

I need a faceplate for BB combo, mod 1962/T. I don't have a removed one to make templates from. We should chat about it sometime.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Matthews Guitars

Post by Matthews Guitars »

BB combo....you mean JTM45? I have that in stock and ready to go.

Thanks for the info on Crescent #59. I had selected #256 as the closest match to an original panel. However, that original panel was 60 years old and thus is probably not quite the same shade it was when it was brand new.

I'll order a sample of 59 and compare it.