D-inspired amps

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

10thTx

Re: D-inspired amps

Post by 10thTx »

I reworked the Deluxe-umble reverb to have an onboard FX.

I liked the idea of reverb going into an active FX AND I liked the idea that the FX could also be used as an increase in gain in itself.

With some of the recent interest in clean sounding Dumblish amps that have reverb and or vibrato, I thought this could be an interesting amp idea.

With respect, 10thtx

EDIT: added another version without active FX. This one might actually be somewhat easier to build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10thTx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

This is a single ended dumblish style amp called a stratifier.

TAG member abecknell shared this.

Compared his to Mat's mini-HRM/D-EL84 and 86 special

10thtx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Some clean D-style amp ideas with schematic and layout.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

I had someone ask me about the Tweed BluezMeister clean but with reverb added. So, I drew this up.

Check for errors! Compare schematic with layout. IF there is a discrepancy, go with the schematic.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Some low wattage D-inspired amps.

I have built the D'Mars ODS 6K6 and like it a lot.

The TBM 6BM8 is one I have not built. However, I have built 6BM8 amps and like them a lot.

The D'Mars ODS 6SN7 is simply an idea that I think would be pretty cool

CHECK for errors!

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Another idea to consider ............

The Mars & Dmbl is an idea using a Marshallish and a Dumblish preamp into a ECL84 power amp.

With respect, 10thtx
Chad

Post by Chad »

You are one cool guy 10thtx,I have known of you back almost 10 years from the Hoffman forum and your contributions from their and here at TAG are greatly appreciated by me and am sure by many,many others. Thanks, Chad
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

OK, just finished a Tweed BluezMeister with 5879 & CF for the OD. This amp has a VERY cranked overdriven tone that is not muddy at all. I can get sustain that goes into feedback on almost any note with the OD and the mid boost engaged.

IMO, the amp sounds HUGE for a small amp the size of a 5E3 Deluxe.

with respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Another idea of using the 5879 OD in an attempt to get the Larry Carlton Dumblish "Ripper" tone. B+ rail is on the 2nd page.

With respect, 10thtx
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

10thTx... If I was going to build just one from the last two pages, which one should it be?

I have a donor chassis, cab and iron including rev tx and choke.

Pt is 350-0-350 @250mH.
Ot is pp for two 6L6s or EL34s.

Tony
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Just saw this

I think the D'Mars ODS is the very best sounding amp I've built or played ever. The clean tone is just incredible to me. And in both the clean and the OD, it has a musical sweetness to it that is remarkable, IMO.

The original D'Mars ODS had the overdrive using the 5879. I later changed the 5879 out to have an active FX loop on board.

In my ideal world, I would have wanted both but the chassis did not have room for another tube unfortunately.

With respect, 10thtx
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

How about a schematic for a SSS without step filters, overdrive loop, tremolo, and reverb loop. :) Like the Dumbleland/ODS of the #121.
stiltamp

Post by stiltamp »

Hi 10thtx,

thanks a lot for sharing the schematics and layouts.

With respect, Stiltamp
10thTx

BluezMeister 6G16

Post by 10thTx »

This is essentially the clean channel of my Tweed BluezMeister with no OD channel & instead having reverb and vibrato added. I think the clean tone on this amp is actually one of the best I've heard.

IF there is a inconsistency between the schematic and layout, go with schematic. As always, CHECK for errors!

I guess (at some level), this is sort of an idea of the Small Special but cathode biased and 14 watts with 6V6's.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

A couple of more ideas :

Dumble & OD/ JCM800

and

Dumble/JCM800 into OD

DRAFT ideas in response to a post by Talbany regarding an UltraPhoenix Plus idea.

with respect, 10thtx