Trainwreck PT and OT originals. I have em!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Trainwreck PT and OT originals. I have em!

Post by martin manning »

Thanks for posting! Quite a variety there.
RockingClassElectronics

Post by RockingClassElectronics »

If anyone is interested in ordering a part number from that list, please email me. If you guys come up with a discovery from that whole list I just posted (IE a part that matches a Rocket etc..) and a reason I should have it mass-produced, then I can offer much bigger discounts. If it's just a one-time order, I'm afraid there's not much I can do as far as discounting goes. Pacific prices may go up for one-off orders because some of the staff are getting really weary of them (we aren't really that kind of operation), but I will most likely get single pieces for lower.
Dave Thomas
rp

Post by rp »

Very interesting, lots to look through. All this time I thought KF used only 3-4 transformers, guess he really was a bottom to top fussbudget. Thanks, and for myself I welcome your presence.

You might want to pull the .docs and replace w/ pdfs. The .docs are modifiable by anyone and everyone for whatever reason or by accident. God only knows the net doesn't need more ambiguous versions of things and clutter.
Last edited by rp on Sat May 31, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket »

I am very exited for what Dave is bringing to the community. For such a small part in Pacific's buiseness I only see this thread as helping both party's.

Are these transformers going to continue to say Pacific Transformers with the logo? Or are you going to replace that with Rocking Class? Seriously, that might be a deal breaker for me. If this is supposed to be an exact transformer Ken would order I would hope the label would look alike to his originals.

If we can determine your transformers offer something more accurate than what's already available then I would be interested in these Pacific's. But there are so many files of Ken's and I applaud you for showing Im a little confused now, lol. Now if the main transformers Ken used are the ones Rj makes and Rocking Class is just relabeling RJS (literally relabeled) then I have no interest.
RockingClassElectronics

RJ's transformers come from a couple other manufacturers (Heyboer, and Edcor if I remember correctly) as well as Pacific. He has his own files and part numbers that Pacific makes, and orders in bulk. His parts differ, but barely. On one of these pages of riff-raff there is a side by side comparison. I am selling Pacific audio parts to end-users for Pacific, so to eliminate the single-piece orders that aren't really efficient for the company. Audio parts are just less than 3% of Pacific's entire operation.

Rocking Class is a brand that only sells Pacific transformers because I am partnered up with the Pacific engineering staff...and the CEO being my old man :lol: The goal is to bring more audio part sales and production to Pacific while giving hobbyists, amp manufacturers, and guitar players (such as all of us) more options. Those amp companies who we mass produce for are very satisfied with our products. So we are setting out to make a name for our audio parts.

I can sell these parts however you want 'em aesthetically. Engineering them internally as well. RJ and I have been talking about maybe making 18 watt setups for Trainwreck Clones.
Dave Thomas
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Thanks for this information. Quite a lot to digest. On first glance the one that intrigues me most is the 3.3k OT. Could this be an alternate to the 4.3k Dynaco for the Rocket?
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
RJ Guitars

Post by RJ Guitars »

Dave called me and we worked through some ideas on maintaining a steady stock and reasonable price for Pacific trannies here at TAG. I will sell the original part numbers for the TW trannies as Pacific trannies with the original Pacific part number. This helps me avoid (at least in my own mind) that I am selling TW parts. I was able to work out a good purchase agreement with Pacific so that I don't have to carry a ton of inventory in multiple part numbers and still get a decent quantity discount that I'll share some portion with TAG buyers.

As Dave mentioned we talked about developing a set of trannies for the half power Wreck style builds. We also talked about maybe having Pacific create a multi-tap-mains, Euro Wreck tranny for use virtually anywhere... Heyboer used to make these and I sold a bunch of them in the past. Any interest in this?
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/
cbass

Post by cbass »

Thats good to hear RJ. I was hoping you guys could work something out.
overtone

Post by overtone »

Good news RJ.

There are no real options here in the EU for a Wreck PT with 230 or 240V, so the response for those taps may be good. I have one of your old Heyboers with EU taps here from a while back. Works fine.

Now I have amassed so much 110V equipment that I use various step downs and a couple of 110V Furmans anyway, so it would not bother me either way.
ODwan

Post by ODwan »

RJ Guitars wrote:We also talked about maybe having Pacific create a multi-tap-mains, Euro Wreck tranny for use virtually anywhere... Heyboer used to make these and I sold a bunch of them in the past. Any interest in this?
Yup, very interested!!!
RockingClassElectronics

Hello all! I don't know why I'm not getting the email notifications...anyway: I've been gone for 2 months with my other company (Hughes Autoformers) and got slammed during the summer RV rush (we make RV power equipment). Came back to a huge stock of pactran 11410 and 11415 Fischer spec parts. I left a few schematics to my engineers for other parts (not TW related) and will all be added to a catalog page on our weebly site.

[www.rockingclass.com is NOT the site to go to. That was a demo made by my former partner who's no longer with Pacific.

I am going to sell this lot at the same prices set for everyone. Orders of 3 X or more of each model will get 10% off each unit. I've been having people email me for invoices at Dave@rockingclass.com and I send an invoice from paypal via email that you can pay right then and there. Shipping varies on your location.

XP and LP irons 11410 - $125
11415 - $98

As for the international inquiries. Please review the spec sheets I provided earlier on. You can also email me and I will send a file attachment containing ALL of them. This way, it saves us both LOTS of time and money. I looked into sending a set of irons to both Italy and Brazil and shipping alone costs 1.75-3 times what the parts are worth. Add engineering on top of that, you're looking at a really expensive set. If you have experience in shipping internationally, I'm all ears...or eyes lol
Dave Thomas
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

RockingClassElectronics wrote:Hello all! I don't know why I'm not getting the email notifications...anyway: I've been gone for 2 months with my other company (Hughes Autoformers) and got slammed during the summer RV rush (we make RV power equipment).
Don't worry, RJ has been taking care of people's amp building needs. You can stick with the RV business.
RockingClassElectronics

Lolz
Dave Thomas
Richie

Post by Richie »

M Fowler wrote:I made a stop at that Mars outpost last week and they didn't have shit for transformers.

I forgot to tell you guys they're back! :lol:
If you want transformers with the shit, you have to stop off at Uranus,only way to get that brown sound..hahaha.