What Gibson amp is this?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

TUBEDUDE

Re: What Gibson amp is this?

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Nothing modern about this guy. SRV is new music.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

You can make a pedal that is nothing more than a volume pot. Kick it "on" for rhythm playing, bypass for leads.
I heard tell of these volume pedal thingys. Sposed to be infinitely adjustable. :P
matt h

Post by matt h »

(deleted)
Last edited by matt h on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Wow, even SRV couldn't kick the pedal and work the volume control!
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
The Ballzz

Post by The Ballzz »

I've got a callous on the pinky finger of my picking hand from the use of volume/tone pots! :P No Fargen stomp boxes for me! Although I do dearly love my "tweaked to personal taste" wah-wah! :mrgreen:
Gene
patrick620

Post by patrick620 »

matt h wrote:You can make a pedal that is nothing more than a volume pot. Kick it "on" for rhythm playing, bypass for leads.
I have some salvaged organ parts around here somewhere. Volume pedal from a Hammond organ. Mechanically it works about like a Cry Baby. I save everything for parts down to nuts and bolts. I also have an assortment of pots to use. I am gonna swap out the cheap and leaky paper and foil caps for some orange drops or NOS Black Beauties today. Maybe some Fender/Magnatone blue caps. Not sure yet. Probably the orange drops because I have more of them on hand of the correct value.
patrick620

Post by patrick620 »

The Ballzz wrote:I've got a callous on the pinky finger of my picking hand from the use of volume/tone pots! :P No Fargen stomp boxes for me! Although I do dearly love my "tweaked to personal taste" wah-wah! :mrgreen:
Gene
You have what on your what? I have a roll of duct tape holding together my reading/soldering glasses but I dont go around bragging about it, lol. A bit of humor and some hair of the dog kicjin in. To keep the mods happy. I'm gonna go with the orange drops, 600v. The voltage on this PT is roughly 425 CT. It's up there. Gonna put a grounded AC cord in also.