Marshall Kit Advise

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

resophonic1

Marshall Kit Advise

Post by resophonic1 »

I was thinking about building a Marshall Kit. I was looking at the following options:

Mojotone JTM45
TubeDepot Classic British JTM45+

Has anyone built either of these kits. Just curious on your thoughts.
RCGPNY1

Re: Marshall Kit Advise

Post by RCGPNY1 »

Mojotone's JTM 45 is not strictly a JTM 45...uses EL34's..but you do get a nice amp. Also check out Triode electronics stuff...JTM 45, JTM 50 or JMP 50 options.
AJW

Post by AJW »

Also try Valvestorm.com. They have all the parts you need for a true JTM45 (except transformers) including the MetroAmp spec chassis that used to come with Metro amp kits. They have a parts list on the site with options on certain components, or you can choose a default parts selection with 1 click. The old kit instructions are probably still available on the MetroAmp forum as well.

I used Valvestorm for my 45/100 build and that worked out great.
AJW

Post by AJW »

Wow! :shock: I can't believe that is my first post in 7 years on this forum. I don't think that is correct.
v846

Post by v846 »

Also consider ValveStorm, you can get most all the parts needed for a JTM45 build, just add iron of your choice.

AJW I musta posted at the same time :lol:
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Mojotone JTM45 & TubeDepot Classic British JTM45+ are completely different animals as far as JTM45 family goes but I'd have built the Mojotone version with EL34's and Triodestore's version with KT66's both are great amps.

For traditional build you might want to consider ValveStorm but all those caps, resistors, board, and wire can add up to an expensive investment.

For strictly fun with tone nothing wrong with the cheaper versions noted above or roll your own as I do.
resophonic1

Post by resophonic1 »

thanks everyone,

I've been out of the game for a long time. I'm basically looking for a marshall format to run some pedals. You have been very helpful
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

M Fowler wrote:Mojotone JTM45 & TubeDepot Classic British JTM45+ are completely different animals as far as JTM45 family goes but I'd have built the Mojotone version with EL34's and Triodestore's version with KT66's both are great amps.

For traditional build you might want to consider ValveStorm but all those caps, resistors, board, and wire can add up to an expensive investment.

For strictly fun with tone nothing wrong with the cheaper versions noted above or roll your own as I do.
Mark, what do you usually do for chassis and cabinet?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

vibratoking wrote:
M Fowler wrote:Mojotone JTM45 & TubeDepot Classic British JTM45+ are completely different animals as far as JTM45 family goes but I'd have built the Mojotone version with EL34's and Triodestore's version with KT66's both are great amps.

Mark, what do you usually do for chassis and cabinet?
I don't have one vendor I use Mojotone, Triodestore, Watt's, Weber, Modulus, Seaside, rjguitars and curb side junk audio chassis/organ pulls. Also, I've received donations from Jana and Colossal.