Corporate providers!?!?!?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bruciep07

Re: Corporate providers!?!?!?

Post by Bruciep07 »

Cancelled our FIOS package 2 months ago and not looking back! Was paying nearly $190 for the triple play package, DONE! Went to optimum internet for $40/month, picked up a ROKU, use it to watch HULU for $7/month. Picked up an inexpensive digital antenna, gets us 12-15 local channels. Bought a magic jack for home phone, costs is like $1/month... Beyond happy with this setup, and my daughter still gets to watch as much spongebob as her little heart desires!
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

drew wrote:
eniam rognab wrote: i HATE advertisements, partially because the stupid little jingles get stuck in my head.... for those back in maine "i shoulda bought it, when i saw it at MAHHHDENS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ_iM2jrLGU
"Birdie Googins" is my cousin's girlfriend's mom, believe it or not.
i believes! does she call him 'deah'? (instead of dear) :lol: :lol:

dont buy any food products at Mahhdens, take my word for it....
Davidg

Post by Davidg »

Wow! I'm amazed at how many of u don't have cable. I always get weird looks ehen I ttell people I don't, haven't had it in 5 years and don't miss it a bit. I use Roku with Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime and always have plenty of selection. Find someone with a cable subscription and u can get their account # and even get HBOgo and other premiumchannels for free! Or be nice and split the cost with them. I wonder if this is some sort of amp builder/tinkerer trait that would show up in a psychological profile. :P
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

I'm certain something would show up in a common psych profile, just don't know if it would be something we would all want to admit to!
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

kkregsg wrote:I'm certain something would show up in a common psych profile, just don't know if it would be something we would all want to admit to!
How about, we like to pay attention to IMPORTANT stuff. Not just sit like a lump on a log watching time-wasting crap on the boob tube, while advertisers try to sell us more crap.

Those who run their TV's all the time, constantly check their little plastic pocket pals to see if they have new Farcebook friends, THEY have something uncomfortable to admit to. :roll:

When Verizon tries to sell me their "package" I tell 'em "I'm not an entertainment consumer. I CREATE the stuff." Shoo, salesmen of time wasting expensive shoddy garbage. So what if "everybody else has it." That's THEIR problem.
down technical blind alleys . . .
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Bravo! Well said.
kkregsg

Post by kkregsg »

LG, agree totally. I was trying to be humorous. I sometimes swerve wide of the mark.
Leo_Gnardo

Post by Leo_Gnardo »

kkregsg wrote:LG, agree totally. I was trying to be humorous. I sometimes swerve wide of the mark.

You were humorous AND hit the mark. :thumbsup: All to the good! :D
down technical blind alleys . . .