Simple buffered effects loop

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jestaudio

Re: Simple buffered effects loop

Post by jestaudio »

martin manning wrote:Great! Do you have a return level pot? Merlin suggests a 100k, but it probably isn't too critical. FWIW, I would make the input divider 910k and 33k to get unity gain through the loop when nothing is plugged in.
The only mini pots i have to hand now are a 220k and a 1 meg, I assume you are referring to the 1 meg/15k arrangement that I screwed up lol,
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Like this: (with a little edit for clarity showing that using the return jack breaks the connection from the driver to the recovery stage)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martin manning on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jestaudio

Post by jestaudio »

martin manning wrote:Like this:

Got it , will have a play tomorrow, its late and I don't want to piss my drum playing neighbour :D
Smitty

Hmm?

Post by Smitty »

I believe that's the first time I've actually seen a drawing on the back of an envelope.
Last edited by Smitty on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Root

Post by David Root »

I've always used Normster's '97 buffered loop, send is a CF, return a grounded cathode. Both use 250k audio pots. I don't use the brightness switches, doesn't need them. And no I don't use Xicon caps either, I use the Solen poly propylene 630V, they actually fit the available space.

I built a real Dumblelator with the bright switches & I don't use those either, but I used 11 pF/ft video coax on that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Re: Hmm?

Post by martin manning »

Smitty wrote:I believe that's the first time I've actually seen a drawing on the back of an envelope.
Just making good on a previous threat: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 950#286950
jestaudio

Post by jestaudio »

Well success, I have a working useable loop, only a send level fitted due to space but works very nicely with my floor based effects, cheers to all those who chimed in
Colossal

Re: Hmm?

Post by Colossal »

Smitty wrote:I believe that's the first time I've actually seen a drawing on the back of an envelop.
All of the best work is done there :wink:
Structo

Post by Structo »

Shouldn't the voltage on the cathode follower be about 30v?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!