BEWARE

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

groovtubin

BEWARE

Post by groovtubin »

Got these 22uf/500 F&T off evilbay, i truly blv they are FAKE, the 16uf/475 i got at new sensor, this 22uf/500 from AMPPARTSDIRECT is SMALLER..NO WAY it`s right........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xtian

Re: BEWARE

Post by xtian »

It's not smaller in volume, I'd guess, but anyway, that's no proof it's fake, just based on the package size.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
lord preset

Post by lord preset »

But it definitely appears to be different than F&T 22uf 500V caps sold elsewhere. And it's different than the pic on the AMPPARTSDIRECT website.

[img:800:766]http://shop.amppartsdirect.com/images/c ... 500-ft.jpg[/img]
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

xtian wrote:that's no proof it's fake, just based on the package size.
Correct, just because you are not used to seeing the common 16x39mm size carried by most US distributors doesn't necessarily mean its fake, that is the stubby 18X30mm (part # 22050018030) 22uF/500V cap. Very little of what F&T makes is stocked by US distributors and thus why you will see uncommon sizes and values carried by foreign Euro vendors on eBay.

TM
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

These aren't fake, Dealt with this recently through purchasing some from Amp Parts Direct, it's just a different package size.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
groovtubin

Fake

Post by groovtubin »

beasleybodyshop wrote:These aren't fake, Dealt with this recently through purchasing some from Amp Parts Direct, it's just a different package size.
Well i`d rather someone PROVE me wrong, i`m a big boy n can handle it, but tell me, you would seriously trust this in a $5,000 amp? I`ll stick to std size, or a sprauge! :)

jim@Omegaamps
groovtubin

Beware

Post by groovtubin »

This is from the ad

the ones i got are 1 1/4 long.......... TINY!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally i`d never buy them from these guy again, the ad is totally misleading...........

Capacitor - Axial Lead Electrolytic, 22 µF @ 500 VDC, F&T

F&T electrolytic capacitor, .70" diameter x 1.52 length. Axial lead electrolytic.

Made in Germany. Founded in 1948 by Heinz Fischer and Alfred Tausche

F&T Capacitors has over 60 years of experience in producing some of the finest capacitors available today. F&T Caps are known for their great tone and reliability.
amplifiednation

Post by amplifiednation »

How much money is there in fake F&T capacitors??? Aren't they like $2 each?

Next thing they be selling fake Xicons!! :shock:
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
tele_player

Post by tele_player »

I just checked F&T website. They list two sizes for the 22/500 cap, 16x39 and 18x30 (mm).

Choice is a GOOD thing.

Robert
tele_player

Re: Fake

Post by tele_player »

groovtubin wrote:
beasleybodyshop wrote:These aren't fake, Dealt with this recently through purchasing some from Amp Parts Direct, it's just a different package size.
Well i`d rather someone PROVE me wrong, i`m a big boy n can handle it, but tell me, you would seriously trust this in a $5,000 amp? I`ll stick to std size, or a sprauge! :)

jim@Omegaamps
You don't trust it because you still think it's fake, or because you don't trust F&T to make the cap correctly in a different size?

Robert
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Can you measure the capacitance?
groovtubin

cap

Post by groovtubin »

sepulchre wrote:Can you measure the capacitance?
yep, it`s

22.6uf............thing is this isn`t a precision power supply, those 47uf radials are small, no biggie, BUT even they are BIGGER than this! lolol!.....this is a std old school power supply........ it just can`t look like honey i shrunk the amp, this cap fits INSIDE the middle of my palm, n i have small hands, it`s crazy, a sprague atom is X10 bigger, wonder what HAD was use, he`d use these for target practice! lol!

respectfully, jim
ToneMerc

Re: cap

Post by ToneMerc »

Jim, I've seen a gut shot of newer (supposely from this decade) ODS and giess what caps Alexander used? They were not blue or gray.

TM
Tubetastic

Post by Tubetastic »

ToneMerc wrote:
Correct, just because you are not used to seeing the common 16x39mm size carried by most US distributors doesn't necessarily mean its fake, that is the stubby 18X30mm (part # 22050018030) 22uF/500V cap. Very little of what F&T makes is stocked by US distributors and thus why you will see uncommon sizes and values carried by foreign Euro vendors on eBay.

TM
This is true. They'll make them to customers sizing - if need be.

http://www.ftcap.de/

Even says so on the Caps Spec sheet/PDF

"Different case sizes, voltages and capacitance combinations are available on request. Also in small lots."

https://www.tubesandmore.com/sites/defa ... t_ft-a.pdf
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Tubetastic wrote:
ToneMerc wrote:

TM
This is true. They'll make them to customers sizing - if need be.

http://www.ftcap.de/

Even says so on the Caps Spec sheet/PDF

"Different case sizes, voltages and capacitance combinations are available on request. Also in small lots."

https://www.tubesandmore.com/sites/defa ... t_ft-a.pdf
You can also that them made in a color close to the Sprague blue. I wish more folks would carry a wider selection of the se caps in general.

TM