Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

tele_player

Re: Fake

Post by tele_player »

groovtubin wrote:
tele_player wrote:
groovtubin wrote: Well i`d rather someone PROVE me wrong, i`m a big boy n can handle it, but tell me, you would seriously trust this in a $5,000 amp? I`ll stick to std size, or a sprauge! :)

jim@Omegaamps
You don't trust it because you still think it's fake, or because you don't trust F&T to make the cap correctly in a different size?

Robert
Nice question, so far F&T hasn`t rtnd my e-mail, n for simplicity`s sake, the dimension of what i GOT at ebay from Amp Parts Direct doesn`t coincide wiht the AD provided by APD, and furthermore iF i was a cap co, i wouldn`t sell a CHICKLET and pass it off as a 22uf@500vdc filter capacitor for a hi performance tube amplifier!

respectfully, jim
OK, an eBay seller got a size wrong. It happens.
I'm still curious. What's the actual size of the suspect part?

Respectfully,
Robert
cbass

Re: BEWARE

Post by cbass »

It looks like its the 18x30 package about 3% smaller in volume than the 16x39
groovtubin

Re: Fake

Post by groovtubin »

tele_player wrote:
groovtubin wrote:
tele_player wrote: You don't trust it because you still think it's fake, or because you don't trust F&T to make the cap correctly in a different size?

Robert
Nice question, so far F&T hasn`t rtnd my e-mail, n for simplicity`s sake, the dimension of what i GOT at ebay from Amp Parts Direct doesn`t coincide wiht the AD provided by APD, and furthermore iF i was a cap co, i wouldn`t sell a CHICKLET and pass it off as a 22uf@500vdc filter capacitor for a hi performance tube amplifier!

respectfully, jim
OK, an eBay seller got a size wrong. It happens.
I'm still curious. What's the actual size of the suspect part?

Respectfully,
Robert
Robert, it`s 1 1/4 in long, its TINY MAN! lol!~
Smokebreak

Re: BEWARE

Post by Smokebreak »

They're actually 1.18" long;)
I received an xformer order from APD this week, and saw the F&Ts on sale for $3 when I ordered, so I grabbed a bunch. Just from sight, they appear a smidge larger in diameter, which would put them at the 18X30 size also listed on the datasheet, though I'm not used to seeing this size, either.
I would think they are fine, though they did raise an eyebrow for me, as well, especially because they were on clearance.
Note the only designation difference is "D6" and "DN".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ToneMerc

Re: cap

Post by ToneMerc »

groovtubin wrote:
ToneMerc wrote:Jim, I've seen a gut shot of newer (supposely from this decade) ODS and giess what caps Alexander used? They were not blue or gray.

TM
were they like TINY lile munchkins axials Mike?

Jim, those F&T's were not chicklets...lol

TM
groovtubin

Re: cap

Post by groovtubin »

ToneMerc wrote:
groovtubin wrote:
ToneMerc wrote:Jim, I've seen a gut shot of newer (supposely from this decade) ODS and giess what caps Alexander used? They were not blue or gray.

TM
were they like TINY lile munchkins axials Mike?

Jim, those F&T's were not chicklets...lol

TM
lol, i`m OLD school , they gotta look like BEEFY MAN! lol! I`m sure HAD ain`t far off! lol! Great w/e MIke! If u like killer ( NO pun intended) coffee, a friend of mine in taylorsville is roasting beans, the ethiopian was INSANELY good, didn`t need milk or sugar! lololol!

jim
groovtubin

F&T caps

Post by groovtubin »

The owner of Amp Parts Direct called me, He assured me these are REAL deal, and actually LOWER ESR.....so il usem in a build n see what happens after the smoke clears..lolololol!

so THANK YOU all for the support, n grace needed to get thru the madness! lol!

My best TONE to everyONE ( catchy isn`t it?) :)

jim
ToneMerc

Re: F&T caps

Post by ToneMerc »

groovtubin wrote:The owner of Amp Parts Direct called me, He assured me these are REAL deal, and actually LOWER ESR.....so il usem in a build n see what happens after the smoke clears..lolololol!

jim
My Carolina brotha, I tried to tell you they were the real deal.....LOL

Happy Tones

Mike
groovtubin

Re: F&T caps

Post by groovtubin »

ToneMerc wrote:
groovtubin wrote:The owner of Amp Parts Direct called me, He assured me these are REAL deal, and actually LOWER ESR.....so il usem in a build n see what happens after the smoke clears..lolololol!

jim
My Carolina brotha, I tried to tell you they were the real deal.....LOL

Happy Tones

Mike
lol! You know i trust you man! ;)

jim