Tube Choice

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

matt h

Re: Tube Choice

Post by matt h »

(deleted)
Last edited by matt h on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jckid649

Post by jckid649 »

Stevem wrote:If most of your taste as you posted is in the rock sounds of the late 60s to early 70s than that's Marshall town and the twin will not begin to come close to that without changing out the speakers to Clestions or a clone type and dropping bass response out of the amp in favor of mids!
Unless that black face twin is a total basket case and in need of a full on rebuild I would look into another amp!
lol...actually a Marshall is exactly what I don't want. I love the Fender chime and the OD that you get with a good OD pedal in front. It's my personal favorite.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

jckid649 wrote:
Stevem wrote:If most of your taste as you posted is in the rock sounds of the late 60s to early 70s than that's Marshall town and the twin will not begin to come close to that without changing out the speakers to Clestions or a clone type and dropping bass response out of the amp in favor of mids!
Unless that black face twin is a total basket case and in need of a full on rebuild I would look into another amp!
lol...actually a Marshall is exactly what I don't want. I love the Fender chime and the OD that you get with a good OD pedal in front. It's my personal favorite.
You want a good robust PI tube for that application, something from Blackburn, high current and balanced for current side to side. BF twins don't drive the 6L6s especially hard, but can really tweak the PI with a pedal up front.