Trainwreck Rocket: a stellar amplifier

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jazzbass

Trainwreck Rocket: a stellar amplifier

Post by jazzbass »

Let me publicly thank RJ, without its essential and very professional help theis beautiful adventure would not have been possible, but let's start from the beginning.
I always loved the VOX AC 30 since 1965 when I bought the first but since then others that i bought were "different".
I read and learned a lot from discussion on Amp Garage (thank you to all of you). I build some clone buying kits from Ceriatone, great amps but I wanted more, a better choice of components.
I wrote to RJ more times to optimize and streamline the project and then...I received the components.
The building did not have a hitch, some search for connecting transformers.
Respect to the statement of Mark Abott I used electrolytic capacitors JJ vertical can: 40+20+20+20 and 33+33.
More news tomorrow (is very difficult for me to write in english)

:oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
franco mezzalira
RJ Guitars

Re: Trainwreck Rocket: a stellar amplifier

Post by RJ Guitars »

Beautiful build, nice job! I appreciate the kind words... parts are just parts until someone puts them altogether and you've done quite well. The can caps are becoming more and more accepted as a great choice for Wrecks and this a good example of using the Heyboer Euro transformer and creating an elegant build. Thanks again and congratulations!
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

Hi to everybody, I have build a DIY Rocket clone with the help of RJ kit, I have wrote that it has a fantastic sound, now I want to ask you if i can have a little more headroom before it breaks. can you give me sone idea?
Thank you :wink:
franco mezzalira
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm no expert but you might start by reducing the 220k plate resistor on v1 and/or reducing the cathode 25uf bypass cap and also decreasing or removing the bypass cap on the power tube cathode bypass cap.
DLR is a Captain beefheart wannabe
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

The files sections is really not the place for this. How bout posting it in the discussion section where it won't clutter up the files section and more people will read it.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.