Post by groovtubin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sRTi9W ... e=youtu.be

How did i do??

I appreciate all antagonism! lol!

Jim@Omegaamps
larsvictor

Re: My 50 watt 80`s circuit

Post by larsvictor »

Sounds great. Very touch sensitive. And of course this typical "drifting" into feedback. Do you have to play it very loud to archieve this feedback ?

greetings
Victor
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Sounds good. I am curious though. There are several circuits that were done during the 80s. What do you have under the hood?
CW
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

larsvictor wrote:Sounds great. Very touch sensitive. And of course this typical "drifting" into feedback. Do you have to play it very loud to archieve this feedback ?

greetings
Victor
Thank you!

Naw, i had the thing at basically room volume! my strat needs a tad of work, one guy thought it snded ODD, there is ALOT of hi-end going on, anything weird w/guitar comes thru!
groovtubin

50 watter 80`s dumble circuit

Post by groovtubin »

Charlie Wilson wrote:Sounds good. I am curious though. There are several circuits that were done during the 80s. What do you have under the hood?
CW
Hi Charlie!

Itsa 124 taken down a very strange road! :)
dcribbs1412

Post by dcribbs1412 »

Congrats Jim
monster sounding circuit you have there. 8)
so
neck pickup, 4x12 with EV's, iphone recording
what are RF settings?
more clips when possible

D
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Dood, it's a forum for sharing. You took the 124 information, but now you won't reciprocate? YAAFD.

I think TAG should institute a policy. If you want to post clips you have to disclose what is in the amp. On the bright side, I won't waste any of my time listening to that clip.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

vibratoking wrote:Dood, it's a forum for sharing. You took the 124 information, but now you won't reciprocate? YAAFD.

I think TAG should institute a policy. If you want to post clips you have to disclose what is in the amp. On the bright side, I won't waste any of my time listening to that clip.
I said what it was a #124 tweaked out, what else can u say?? ASk Brandon @ Bludotone for his tweaks, c how far that gets you! NO one from this forum has EVER shared ANYTHING of ANY importance w/me..nothing...........i took the SAME layout YOU used...n added hard work..and u guys want it free? i`ve chased this for 16 years..

respectfully, jim
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

vibratoking wrote:Dood, it's a forum for sharing. You took the 124 information, but now you won't reciprocate? YAAFD.

then don`t.... no worries here!

jim
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

dcribbs1412 wrote:Congrats Jim
monster sounding circuit you have there. 8)
so
neck pickup, 4x12 with EV's, iphone recording
what are RF settings?
more clips when possible

D
THANK YOU..ur a scholar n a gentleman UNLIKE a few here in this post! I said what it was, how can anyone hate is beyond me...
groovtubin

Post by groovtubin »

From Tonemerc ( i don`t think you`d mind man!)

Tough love time...........fellas get out of this instant gratification mindset and simply put in the work. If you are really serious about this game, then you will gladly spend time outside of holding a soldering iron and just looking at a layout. If that means spending thirty mins, an hour just browsing the search function then thats what it takes if you want to expand your knowledge base. IMHO, it's one of the key differences between a builder and just an assembler.

I can be low on empathy, hopefully this didn't hurt anyone's tender feelings.
jelle

Post by jelle »

groovtubin wrote:
I appreciate all antagonism! lol!
Ha, you asked for it! :lol:
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

groovtubin wrote:From Tonemerc ( i don`t think you`d mind man!)

Tough love time...........fellas get out of this instant gratification mindset and simply put in the work. If you are really serious about this game, then you will gladly spend time outside of holding a soldering iron and just looking at a layout. If that means spending thirty mins, an hour just browsing the search function then thats what it takes if you want to expand your knowledge base. IMHO, it's one of the key differences between a builder and just an assembler.

I can be low on empathy, hopefully this didn't hurt anyone's tender feelings.
Jim my friend have at it, tough love is the gift that keeps on giving! Enjoy it before one is arrested for causing emotional distress and severe psychological trauma :D

TM
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

that sounds awesome Jim, great work! Mine's on deck after my 70s build.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I think I will install 'the cone of silence' so we can keep it a secret.

You have to know the secret handshake to get in.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!