I hate parts!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

vibratoking

I hate parts!

Post by vibratoking »

Shopping for parts is such a drag. I would take on more builds if the parts fairy would look kindly on me. Scrounging, tedious ordering, organizing, storing... I hate it. I wish the part I needed appeared in my hand at the appropriate moment.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
johnnyreece

Re: I hate parts!

Post by johnnyreece »

Yep. I'm a sucker, because I always try to get the best price on parts for the people I build for (the time I spend on that they get for free...). I probably spend more time shopping than I do on building the friggin' things...
ER

Post by ER »

And then there's figuring out how many and what else to order so the shipping doesn't eat up that savings...
xtian

Post by xtian »

All true. That's why I'm setting up a repair station at the multidimensional crossroads of AES, Newark, Mouser, and McMaster. I'll pull my own parts as needed, and it can go on my tab.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
C Moore

Post by C Moore »

xtian wrote:All true. That's why I'm setting up a repair station at the multidimensional crossroads of AES, Newark, Mouser, and McMaster. I'll pull my own parts as needed, and it can go on my tab.
Oh Christ.....I'm a sick puppy.
I will, sometimes, peruse McMaster-Carr even when I do not need to order anything.....just for the pleasure of looking at all their "stuff". :oops:
Structo

Post by Structo »

They do carry a lot of odd stuff. :lol:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
menger66

Post by menger66 »

Its alway cool to get a fresh box full of parts but it is a pain organizing stuff' I found a stash of white mallory 150 today id forgotten all about :D and some of those little mustard presslys i really need to spend some time organizing theres no way i should be buying but i am mark