Brad Paisley Amp

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Brad Paisley Amp

Post by M Fowler »

So I'm at a local store that sells my amps and this guy is saying he just bought Brad Paisley amp a prototype Zwreck/Rocket.

He pulls out his phone and shows me photos of the front and back as well as gut shot,it definitely is the amp Brad P. had in his rig years ago.

The chassis and board looked like an early Prescription Dr Z.

He said he called Dr Z and Mike Z answered and he tried to get some info on the amp like what are the preamp tubes needed. Well it uses 12AX7 types we figured out.
But Z got mad and hung up, apparently people have been calling about this amp wanting to verify it.

The amp is going up on Reverb.com pretty soon.

The second amp in this stack with hand painted flames and on back has a big number 8. He also bought a Trainwreck amp from Richie Hall he showed me photos of.

Mark
Brad Paisley Rig2.jpg
Brad Paisley rig.bmp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Re: Brad Paisley Amp

Post by M Fowler »

Just found this interesting read. http://ztalk.proboards.com/thread/70713 ... isleys-amp

I was searching because I swore I saw that amp on Reverb.com not long ago and I was right.
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Interesting that the guy who made the amp is being such a jerk.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Yeah apparently he was upset about all the calls and inquiries about this amp and didn't want to even answer a simple question about is this V1 EF86 or 12AX7 because the owner is not very knowledgeable about amp circuits.

Both another tech and I offered to look the amp over but no he just wants to unload it. Maybe it will go in my collection, trade him something interesting. :D

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ritchie's amp looks great I thought it was the real thing.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Beach247

Post by Beach247 »

He used the EF86 on v1 of the Stangrays and the Wreck has 12ax7s. I’ve poked around the inside of both. I’ve talked to Mike twice. Once he was very helpful and once he was less than pleasant. I guess we all have bad days and pet peeves.
tubeswell

Post by tubeswell »

If I squint real real hard enough, I think I can see that it's not an EF86 in V1. :D
He who dies with the most tubes... wins
Mark

Post by Mark »

tubeswell wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am If I squint real real hard enough, I think I can see that it's not an EF86 in V1. :D
All the preamp valves are the same height, no EF86 there. I suppose the question is what timbre are you expecting from an EF-86?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

The photos are of Brad P. tour rig before the flood.

I was talking about a local guy bought that flamed Zwreck that Brad P used to own it was apparently sold around because of problems or no one smart enough to fix the problems.
The local guy I talked to wasn't interested in my knowledge or that I knew of Richie. The guy I talked to said he bought a TW clone from Richie.

I did not see the local guys amps as he was not interested in much I had to say. Scared for us to even see his amps.

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yeah, people are strange Mark.

I spoke to Richie and I think the amp in the picture is a real Trainwreck Liverpool.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Yes that is Brad P's real Liverpool.

Mark