Alessis - verb

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

angelodp

Alessis - verb

Post by angelodp »

Hi, I am wondering about the signal quality of the Alessis Midi-verb vs the Alessis Quadra verb. Are these two units comparable or does one have a greater tonal capability than the other.

ange
funkmeblue

Re: Alessis - verb

Post by funkmeblue »

I have a midi verb and have always been greatly impressed with it's delay and reverb. Not quite as sweet as my echo-plex but real f'n good.
anything worth doing, is worth doing right
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

im drawing a blank on the names as to which is which but the half space alesis is actually a really good unit. it's not quite pro studio but it far exceeds it's price point.
The single space rackmount isnt bad either it's def. worth it's $ but you will notice a sound quality increase on more expensive units. mostly in the image of the sound field and mid clarity. Still a great unit for grouping toms and using as a gated verb. or as an under lying verb for glueing instruments into a mix.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
iknowjohnny

Post by iknowjohnny »

Of all the reverb delays i've had, a quadraverb is my all time fav. Even live the quality was obvious. In a stereo setup it was fantastic. I ditched it in favor of a 1/2 rack size thing to save space and downsize my rig. Big mistake. Been considering another one lately. used they're a slow as $50. One stupid good deal IMO.
67plexi

Post by 67plexi »

Alessis Quadra verb. Sounds like dirt to me I had a few in the past.
Great if you like hum hiss and cheap sounds.
Pony up for the lexicon great sounds no hiss or hum.
angelodp

lexicon

Post by angelodp »

Which model lexicon. I am shopping for a great delay to put in my loop w/ my Redplate
sst4270

Lexicon

Post by sst4270 »

I use the Lexicon MX200 in my rack. It's awesome for the price. Crushes the Alesis stuff in terms of overall quality of reverb and noise level.

I'd used Alesis stuff for about 8 years and switched over to the Lexicon unit about 5 years ago when I was building a new more compact rack. Never had a problem with it. Quiet as can be.
I use it for vocals and acoustic performances.

If I could afford it I'd go with TC Electronic. Their reverbs are stunning.

Steve
iknowjohnny

Post by iknowjohnny »

67plexi wrote:Alessis Quadra verb. Sounds like dirt to me I had a few in the past.
Great if you like hum hiss and cheap sounds.
Pony up for the lexicon great sounds no hiss or hum.
Wow. I have no idea what you did to cause that, but mine was totally void of hiss or noise of any kind and the delays and verb were excellent. But if they sounded like dirt, why did you keep buying them?
67plexi

Post by 67plexi »

TC Electronic is great also. The last time I saw Jeff Beck. Jeff had 24 TC’s and 6 pcm81 lexicon’s in his rack and a sound man just for Jeff. $2-300k in two racks. The Alessis Quadra verb was the only efx
I could buy local and I have to have a backup I sold them and have used lexicon for the last 12 years
Without regrets. :D
Andy Le Blanc

Post by Andy Le Blanc »

I got this old 16 bit multi verb LT.... verbs have come a long
Its the noise/distortion you got to watch for with the mix, I haven't heard
any bad reports. I wouldn't worry about tone, ask how noisy, borrow one
and try it , if you don't like its effect in/on the presentation , try a different one.

Good to see some one from Alaska, I did a couple contracts with PWSAC
over the years, I liked the remote site job.
lazymaryamps
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

if you want a great verb for a guitar rig look into the T.C. Electronics foot pedals or m-one rack mount.

The lexicon consumer priced products and even the PCM91's are all bright and crispy in the top end and unless you have lots of patience to write your own pre set IMHO all the factory presets suffer from the same highend fake digital sizzle.

I'm assuming the 480Larc and 960 are not in your price range.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge