Ac30

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampmike

Ac30

Post by ampmike »

Hey guys,I was watching the history chanel yesterday ,It was about old 1940's fighter planes,I thought I heard some planes with AC in there names,Then I thought didnt some of the vox guys who wired those amps come from military backgrounds,So do you think that is where they got the AC in the vox names,I might be way off just wandering. Thanx Mike :?
selloutrr

Re: Ac30

Post by selloutrr »

January 1958
JMI produces a 15-watt guitar amplifier under the brand name VOX. It is called the
AC1/15. The "AC" refers to its use of only Alternating Current for the mains - still a revolutionary idea at the time. It has a single Goodmans Audiom speaker housed in a TV-front-style cabinet.

http://www.voxamps.com/history/
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
ampmike

Thanx

Post by ampmike »

Thanks Man,These are my last days of unemployment,Starting a new job on friday,One other Doc I watched was the life of a guy named Testla,He was the finder of ac current and had a bunch of pattons,It was cool,He powered one of the world fairs and lite the place up with lighting.It was explaining the diff between ac and dc current and all that.These will also be my last couple days to build amps in the daytime,Ill be posting pics of my express build.Waiting for the caps from rj and Im doing the boards now.One good thing about my new job is Ill have access to a nice wood shop{Vo Tech} school,so Im going to try to get the TW head cab under my belt,Anyway Thanx Have a great day,Mikey
selloutrr

Re: Ac30

Post by selloutrr »

Right on! It's a great feeling to have a place to work that also allows you to be creative. Make sure you post pics :).
Telsa was amazing and way ahead of the time..... (to bad the band wasn't. Lmao!). Sorry frank you know I got mad love for you skills but "signs". Seriously?
My Daughter Build Stone Henge