Trainwreck Express-Hammond OT question

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Movie85

Trainwreck Express-Hammond OT question

Post by Movie85 »

Hey,

my Trainwreck Express Clone(Ceriatone Kit) shows progress, here some pictures, I added some pictures :wink:
I already double checked my connections, but if anyone sees a mistake, let me know :roll:

I'll get the PT in a few days, but at the moment I have some difficulties with my OT:
I got a Hammond 1650G Output tranny, which has 3,5/8/16/250/500 Ohm Taps. Now what confuses me is that on the package the wiring diagramm shows some wires the OT doesnt have. Like "GRN/YEL".
So how do I connect the OT right then? Can I just use the taps without special wiring(as it might seem on the shematic diagramm of the tranny), or do I have to connect some taps in some way? I added a picture....

Thanks for the help,

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Re: Trainwreck Express-Hammond OT question

Post by martin manning »

On the OT wiring, go here: http://www.hammondmfg.com/1608A.htm and scroll to the bottom of the page. Perhaps you have a transformer with the newer secondary wiring in old packaging.
Dr-Joned

Post by Dr-Joned »

[quote]NEW & improved version of our 1608-1650 series multiple secondary output transformers (re-designed secondaries for easy hook-up of secondary loads).
[/quote]

I think Martin is correct. Too much paperwork included. Looks like you have the easy version to wire.
I Think I Think Too Much !
Movie85

Post by Movie85 »

Thanks guys!
So it seems like they just put the 1650 series connection diagrams on every Box, but the 1650G version is an easy wiring tranny, perfect! With the other wiring I also couldn't use the 16Ohm tap without changing the impedance switch...

Thanks,

Tom

Edit: One more question: What should I do with the unused sec. taps? Should I cut them or should I leave them and mount them inside in some way? I know I should not connect them anywhere...
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Clip the bare wire off (at least) and shrink-tube the ends, then coil them up out of the way, secured with a tie-wrap. Leave them long if you think you might use them at some later date.
Movie85

Post by Movie85 »

Okay thank you, since the OT has 250 and 500 Ohm taps I wont use, I'll make them short and heatshrink them

Tom