Twin Regulated Filament Power Supply

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mooreamps

Re: Twin Regulated Filament Power Supply

Post by mooreamps »

Last edited by mooreamps on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
drz400

Post by drz400 »

mooreamps wrote:Am I going to have "dealers" ? Ya, my wife would love that one. 8)

I expect to have this one completed in the next couple weeks. It was inturupted by doing a Valve Junior mod for some guy in Ill. I'm not ready for "dealers" yet because I still consider myself in R&D. For example, my next build will be a 100 watt combo harp amp for Jenny. Jenny is a harp player at JJ Blues in San Jose. I think for now I'll do the onese ; twose approach and see how things go.

-g
My response was to Mark Cameron from Cameron Amplifiers
not you.... sorry :wink:
UR12

The Twin Regulated Filament Supply does not work.

Post by UR12 »

I know this thread has been dormant for a while. I just wanted to post that for the last 7 weeks myself and others have been trying to convince Gary that his design is flawed. (He finally admitted it wouldn't work as designed). This circuit has major problems. Gary had sold an amp to a guy in MO and it was sent back after the regulators and all the diodes fried. I just wanted to update this thread in case someone was reading this and thought they might give it a try. According to Gary, the circuit would only last about 20 minutes before it went up in flames using the regulators and 3 amp diodes that Gary spec'd.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

CaseyJones wrote:KISS That stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid. Well it ain't simple and I ain't stupid but I can fake it! :lol: The simplest possible filament scheme is straight AC filaments with a center tap, virtual ground or a hum balance pot. 3.2 volts on either side of the ground isn't much. Regular old plain vanilla 6.3 volt AC filaments can be made to work with no audible hum.
R.I.P. Gary Moore. I know where Gar Gar is comin' from, I want people to recognize ME for my talent and expertise and shower me with cash. I can see it now... amp techs should get the respect and adulation that movie stars and professional athletes get, I wanna be invited to Gatsby-esque parties, I want nubile young wimmens to rip their clothes off and beg me to make dirty love to them, I want a limo, a chateau in France and what the hell while we're at it I want a 7000 bottle wine cellar.

It ain't gonna happen. Maybe next lifetime.

More to the point when I see a big ol' dog turd in the middle of the sidewalk believe it or not I'll walk around it, yeah, I know, that sounds out of character but my girlfriend don't like dogshit on her carpet. If I see a blind man tap-tappin' his way up the sidewalk I'll tell 'im there's a big turd there and maybe just maybe if I'm havin' a good day I'll flick the turd into the gutter if I can find a piece of cardboard or sumthin'.

Waidaminnit, I get it.... you're tellin' us there's a turd on the sidewalk. Got it! :lol: