Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mark

Re: Guitar Gallery Thread! Post 'em up!

Post by Mark »

I thought that I might have posted this up before, but if not here it is.
0B5F9222-F60C-4C48-8D2F-C19CBDAAC5E3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
jabguit

Post by jabguit »

didit wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:55 pm Hello --

Fine looking 335-style, which evidently you built?

Best .. Ian
Thanks Ian - yes, this is my Pandora model. More like a 339 in that it is about 14.5" lower bout. Currently about my most popular model. I love building these.

Here's another in Heather Mist:
1602 017.jpg
cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Briggs
Briggs Guitars
didit

Post by didit »

jabguit wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:20 pm
Thanks Ian - yes, this is my Pandora model. More like a 339 in that it is about 14.5" lower bout. Currently about my most popular model. I love building these.

Here's another in Heather Mist..

cheers,
That looks fine too. An ancient keeper here is a similar small body 335-style '82 mahogany neck Ibanez AS50.

Best .. Ian
xtian

Post by xtian »

Hey, Marcus, @norburybrook, I saw your Strat with Fishman Fluence pups on facebook. Here's my latest. I'm a huge Carvin fan...I have five now. This 90s Carvin Bolt was nearly unplayed when I bought it from an estate sale. A couple frets were sitting proud, but after a level and polish by local luthier, it's wonderful. 14" radius, only 7.25 pounds.

I put in a set of Fishman Fluence Single Width pickups, as a preassembled pickguard from 920D Custom. Only weird thing was the second Tone pot was not wired to affect the bridge pickup. I added a single jumper wire to connect the tone pot to the bridge as well as middle, and now it all works like "standard" Strat style. There is an extra wire off the Fishman preamp for "HF rolloff". I supposed this is to make the boosted sound a bit darker, more like humbuckers? Anyway, I left it unconnected.

Finally, I replaced the tuners with 18:1, open gear Hipshot locking tuners. Excellent. This is the stock nut from Carvin, and through whatever mystery, this guitar has the most wonderful tuning stability with the tremolo.

IMG_0502.jpg
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
xtian

Post by xtian »

Well, the used Fishman battery I bought didn't hold a charge. So, here's my temporary solution...

IMG_0515.jpg
Crashtest33

Post by Crashtest33 »

Hi all.
New to the group.
Want to build a Mayer SSS copy.
These are my babies. The strat was built by me from scratch from solid wild English walnut (illegal to fell). Lucky enough to work on an estate that had a dead walnut tree fall. The tree was cut into 25 & 45mm sheets and laid for 3 years (turning every 3 months)
The body and neck were NC machined in my Dad's garage. Terry from Giggear in Harlow, UK did the fret & nut installation for me.
Acoustic is the stunning Yamaha LS26 ARE II MIJ.
If it hurts, it's probably worth it.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Crashtest33 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 amThe strat was built by me from scratch from solid wild English walnut
Wow, beautiful! What's it weigh?
stephenl

Post by stephenl »

xtian wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:39 am Well, the used Fishman battery I bought didn't hold a charge. So, here's my temporary solution...

IMG_0515.jpg
I have the same Fluence setup in my parts-o-caster and also had issues with the battery pack. The jack that comes with it didn't fit very well in the strat hole(compressed some of the solder tabs) and I think that the electronics weren't shutting off when pulled the cable out...

I futzed with the jack a little and now it seems to hold a charge closer to what they spec'd...
Steve
stelligan

Latest squeeze...

Post by stelligan »

Yamaha Revstar with some embellishment from my bruh...
guitar.JPG
guard.JPG
body.JPG
tail.jpg
truss.JPG
Last edited by stelligan on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Cheap and cheerful: Harley Benton body, Freestone 24.75" scale sapele neck, Hipshot locking open-gear tuners, Guitar Fetish 'Tron pickups with coil split on pull pot. It's really a great playing guitar!
tempImage2RGCWb.gif

I also bit the bullet and installed a Graph Tech Ghost piezo bridge and Acoustip-Phonic preamp in my Carvin SH. Why "bit the bullet"? Because I had to drill a hole under the bridge for the piezo wires, and pull out a stop tail post so I could ground the strings (new saddles are non-conductive). In the end, a nice invisible install, and perfect sound. I LOVE mixing the magnetic and piezo pickups. And the piezo by itself is really good sounding, with a pull-pot option for a second, more mid-forward tone. I read some complaints that the preamp changes the tone of your mag pickups, but I did not find this to be true. Recommended!
tempImageGLlC5J.gif
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The year was 1989. I was all about blondes.

1957 ES-350TN, 1959 335N, 1951 ES-300N, 1953 ES-350N

75FD4146-00E7-4BBE-B00A-4017926FDC97.jpeg
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Reeltarded wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 am The year was 1989. I was all about blondes.

1957 ES-350TN, 1959 335N, 1951 ES-300N, 1953 ES-350N

75FD4146-00E7-4BBE-B00A-4017926FDC97.jpeg
I prefer my blonds upside down also.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

:P

Contact Apple support and mention my name for a verbal cringe. :)
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Wicked new guitar day! Kiesel Aries in racing orange, with zebrawood fretboard. 6.4 pounds!

IMG_1156.jpg
Last edited by xtian on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aceofbones

Post by aceofbones »

xtian wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:49 pm Wicked new guitar day! Kiesel Aries in racing orange, with zebrawood fretboard.

IMG_1156.jpg
That is a fantastic guitar!!