Nikspress

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mr_nice_guy

Nikspress

Post by mr_nice_guy »

Just ordered one of Nik's Express clones. I'm gonna put Moose trannies in it. Can anyone tell me from experience in the US how long the wait will be? I believe Nik said 2 wks down time and 2-4 days to ship. Also, I have an Avatar 212 w/ dual Vintage 30s and I'm getting ready to swap one of them out for a G12H30 Anniversary. How will this sound with the Nikspress. What is your favorite speaker/cab combo with yours? Scumbacks, Greenback RIs, 212, 412, etc. I like the sound of Geetarpicker's real Express thru the 412 marshall w/ 25 watters. Thanks in advance everyone.
- Mr. Nice Guy
mr_nice_guy

Re: Nikspress

Post by mr_nice_guy »

And can anyone tell me what's a good attenuator for it or are attenuators just not right for the express.
- Mr. Nice Guy
908ssp

Post by 908ssp »

My Express clone (not Niks) sounds terrific with a Richter attenuator and 1970's Greenback cab. If I didn't have the 70's cab I would use Scumbacks 55hz 25 watt speakers. I have a 30 watt Scumbag cab and it is a great sounding cab but I think the 25 watt speakers sound better. The Richter isn't cheap or easy to get but it is worth both the money and the hassle. I have tried 6 different attenuators on my wreck and the Richter was the most transparent.
Alex
TheCageWreck and Glaswerks SOD100
mr_nice_guy

Post by mr_nice_guy »

I have been doing alot of woodworking lately. But I just can't bear to see myself ruin a piece of flamed maple. I was wondering if theres anyone out there who could do a nice headbox for the nikspress for me. Preferably using flamed maple. Does anyone one this site do this type of work? If so shoot me a PM or leave a post with some sort of info or a quote. Thanks.
- Mr. Nice Guy
mr_nice_guy

Post by mr_nice_guy »

Thanks 908, I'm probably going to try out the Scumback 25 watters and I might even order one of those Richter controls. Are they the ones Motherload makes?
- Mr. Nice Guy
908ssp

Post by 908ssp »

mr_nice_guy wrote:Thanks 908, I'm probably going to try out the Scumback 25 watters and I might even order one of those Richter controls. Are they the ones Motherload makes?
No problem yes Motherload makes the Richter. I wish they were cheaper but I guess we could say that about anything? Anyway I have a bunch of amps and when switching from one to another I have to move the Richter around but it is either that or not be able to play them and that is far worse. :wink:
Alex
TheCageWreck and Glaswerks SOD100
2thick4uni

Post by 2thick4uni »

And can anyone tell me what's a good attenuator for it or are attenuators just not right for the express.
I've just finished my Express build (Ceriatone chassis, boards PT and Moose OT at 6600k with EL84's) and it works great with my 8 ohm THD Hotplate, kills the noise but keeps the tone even on -16db setting.

Boy, this thing is LOUD through my 4 x 12. If you play your Wreck at home most nights then I'd guess that after a couple of weeks your neigbours will all club together and buy you an attenuator; or maybe take some other action that will reduce the volume even more effectively :wink: