Head cab?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ScottW

Head cab?

Post by ScottW »

About to start on my Express clone. I've built amps before, but only the electronics part, I'm no good with woodworking. So, where do I find a head cab? Anyone making them for sale? Thanks.
59model

Re: Head cab?

Post by 59model »

I was looking for the same and found a diagram here on the dementions and I`m having a cabinet builder friend of mine build one for me. It should be done in a couple weeks and he`s making it out of cedar so it should be light and smell good too, LOL! If there is a market for them, he might be interested in building some. Anyone else know?
ScottW

Post by ScottW »

Bump. Anyone making head cabs?
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

I may have an extra Cherry one in a week or two. Ill let you know early this week.

Allynmey
ScottW

Post by ScottW »

Thanks!
DerStever

Post by DerStever »

Has anyone ever used a screen or mesh front and back on a head cabinet in order to give the tubes really good ventallation?

I thought about doing that for the express I'm building instead of having a solid wood front panel but are there any downsides to this??
59model

Post by 59model »

I ran this by the guy who is making my head cab for me, and he said he could make it out of any type wood I wanted. :D When it`s done I`ll post some pics, and he wanted to know if there was any type of demand for these as the 1st is always the hardest, and it`s a piece of cake after that according to him. What do you guys here think? Is there a market for well built cabs, and if so what would be a fair price? I could satrt a web page for him that would take Paypal and turnaround would only be about a week. Any input would be appreaciated. Pete
Rob Livesey

Post by Rob Livesey »

I'm definately interested.

I've been to a couple of places locally and got referred to a guy who "would do this for me". We did meet up but I'm not going to have him build it, I don't have confidence in it turning out right after our conversation.

Anyway, yes, keep us informed.

Cheers,
Rob.
------------------
Rob Livesey
Manchester, UK
------------------
Ron

Post by Ron »

Please see my post about taking an informal head count of the number of cabs that people would like to have built.

Ron