Trainwreck.com change

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampman1961

Re: Trainwreck.com change

Post by ampman1961 »

KellyBass wrote:
ampman1961 wrote:they are just guitar amps, not a cure for cancer.
But they did cure my depression... :)
Absolutely! :lol:
BTW Kelly, I owned & restored a 1971 Dunstall Norton 750 Commando.
It was my prized possession until divorce forced it's sale.
Cheers.
"Life is too short for Solid State"
www.redjonesamplification.com
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

M Fowler wrote:Here is a discussion I had about this subject on Z-talk after someone had posted about it.

Funny how some of the guys that worked with Ken and some of his customers stated they never heard of JM until this came out. This actually came out about 7 to 8 months earlier on Ampgarage they were asking some of us about our thoughs about coming out with a Reissue Rocket. So far JM has not built the Express which is a heck of alot harder to build and tame than the Liverpool or Rocket. Ceriatone actually builds good products but I build my own.
Snooty (M Fowler)
A good friend of mine was personal friends with Kenny, and he knows JM, and knew he worked with Kenny.
Don
A friend of mine has a Rocket and an Express. He knows JM helped with the voicing of his Rocket. I asked him about the new reissues and he says they are as legit as you can get. He has a Liverpool getting made for him. $4000 is way better than $35000 if the tone is there. I'll get over who built it.
Mike Slegimen
You can build your own for $800 so why pay $4000. A TW cab cost $300 professionally made or build your own.

I know JM is building Trainwrecks legally by Ken Fischer's family there was discussion with a friend of JM on a builders forum to let us know this was going to come about.

What many of you maybe don't know is that Ken gave his blessing to build amps based off his designs, just don't make a profit off his hard work and amp line.
Snooty (M Fowler)
my name is steffen. im the proud owner of the #2 express made by JM.
she is shipping as we speak.when it gets here ill post photos and reveal her name. the amp is absolutely stunning. i dont know about all the crap that went on before/after kens death, and i dont care. I spoke to JM many times during the build and we shared many stories and laughs. he is just a guy making an amp. im just a guy buying it.anyway, take care
MCK

Post by MCK »

ampman1961 wrote:
KellyBass wrote:
ampman1961 wrote:they are just guitar amps, not a cure for cancer.
But they did cure my depression... :)
Absolutely! :lol:
BTW Kelly, I owned & restored a 1971 Dunstall Norton 750 Commando.
It was my prized possession until divorce forced it's sale.
Cheers.
Sorry to hear that. I owned & restored a 71 or 72 (cant recall now.. its been 20 years) Triumph Bonneville which was stolen from me after only 6 months or so on the road... Still to this day when I hear the unmistakable sound of a British twin coming down the road I turn around and look to see if its my beloved...

Anyways, bringing this back on topic... Seems like "minions" are alread watching this thread.... http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpo ... tcount=297
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Mrscratch wrote:
M Fowler wrote:Here is a discussion I had about this subject on Z-talk after someone had posted about it.

Funny how some of the guys that worked with Ken and some of his customers stated they never heard of JM until this came out. This actually came out about 7 to 8 months earlier on Ampgarage they were asking some of us about our thoughs about coming out with a Reissue Rocket. So far JM has not built the Express which is a heck of alot harder to build and tame than the Liverpool or Rocket. Ceriatone actually builds good products but I build my own.
Snooty (M Fowler)
A good friend of mine was personal friends with Kenny, and he knows JM, and knew he worked with Kenny.
Don
A friend of mine has a Rocket and an Express. He knows JM helped with the voicing of his Rocket. I asked him about the new reissues and he says they are as legit as you can get. He has a Liverpool getting made for him. $4000 is way better than $35000 if the tone is there. I'll get over who built it.
Mike Slegimen
You can build your own for $800 so why pay $4000. A TW cab cost $300 professionally made or build your own.

I know JM is building Trainwrecks legally by Ken Fischer's family there was discussion with a friend of JM on a builders forum to let us know this was going to come about.

What many of you maybe don't know is that Ken gave his blessing to build amps based off his designs, just don't make a profit off his hard work and amp line.
Snooty (M Fowler)
my name is steffen. im the proud owner of the #2 express made by JM.
she is shipping as we speak.when it gets here ill post photos and reveal her name. the amp is absolutely stunning. i dont know about all the crap that went on before/after kens death, and i dont care. I spoke to JM many times during the build and we shared many stories and laughs. he is just a guy making an amp. im just a guy buying it.anyway, take care

I hope your amp is all you expected....this was about the family and their minions.
Steffen, you should continue to talk to Hubie about tubing the amp. It really is the magic in the amp. It was a very kind offer!
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

i will. i do want to to give it a chance with the tubes in it now.
i will probably try all kinds. i have a few seimens, i have two xf-2 mulards
i have a ecc-83 mullard, and a few more other old EI 7025.
thanks
ampman1961

Post by ampman1961 »

Hmmm.
Funny how that thread on TGP suddenly disappeared.
Trainwreck discussions seem to have that effect over there.
Really brings out the best/worst in people. :lol:
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

It's still there...
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... 90&page=20

Realityczech apologized for his comments and a few positive posters have calmed it down there. Thanks for the support. I hope Mrscratch likes his amp.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

thanks! i will! i like any amp,more or less. I never realized what S#$tstorm all this would have turned out 8 months ago! wow!
i hope my new amp(and my playing) do all of this justice!
wouldnt be funny if i couldnt even play? LOL
ampman1961

Post by ampman1961 »

Mrscratch wrote:thanks! i will! i like any amp,more or less. I never realized what S#$tstorm all this would have turned out 8 months ago! wow!
i hope my new amp(and my playing) do all of this justice!
wouldnt be funny if i couldnt even play? LOL
Enjoy every note!
Even a bad day of playing guitar beats a great day of Golf.
dunara

Post by dunara »

Code: Select all

Even a bad day of playing guitar beats a great day of Golf.
Damn skippy! :D
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

It's all about where you play
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
Moose

Post by Moose »

Mrscratch wrote:i will. i do want to to give it a chance with the tubes in it now.
i will probably try all kinds. i have a few seimens, i have two xf-2 mulards
i have a ecc-83 mullard, and a few more other old EI 7025.
thanks
This is a fun process. You'll be amazed how much difference tubes make in one of these amps, and the whole exercise is an excuse to do a lot of playing.
philmanatee

Post by philmanatee »

I can't even remember how many tube changes I did before I got my express just the way I liked it. It was definitely a great way to pass some time! Phil
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

philmanatee wrote:I can't even remember how many tube changes I did before I got my express just the way I liked it. It was definitely a great way to pass some time! Phil
It's all part of the process. Finding a good V1 is imperative and makes finding the rest of the tubes much easier. V1 can be a real bitch though. Even tubes that behave in one amp can be horrid in V1 of a Wreck. My belief is that if it sounds good and is low noise, low microphonics in V1, go with it regardless of what label is on the tube.

Steffen,

I hope the amp works out for you. I think everyone who is a bit skeptical is only looking out for your best interests. That kind of cash for an amp from a virtually unknown builder is kind of gamble. Best wishes with your new baby.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
MCK

Post by MCK »

dartanion wrote:My belief is that if it sounds good and is low noise, low microphonics in V1, go with it regardless of what label is on the tube.
Great advice. I actually think all tube swapping should be done on a blind-test basis. When you know what the tube is inadvertently you are biased (no pun intended).