Trainwreck.com change

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

paulster

Re: Trainwreck.com change

Post by paulster »

I'm with you on that. I always do a 72 hour burn-in with audio passing and the difference before and after is amazing.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:That guy Realityczech, who perpetually has something stuck up has a$$ and takes any opportunity to say something negative against me. Not sure who he is, or what his problem is, but geez man, wtf ? The other dude (in California) simply didn't get along with a Wreck style amp. Most of what he complained about was inherent to the design. Yes, they are loud, yes, they hiss a bit, etc...he was more a matter of not realizing what he'd bought. Billy Yates played the amp and thought it was behaving properly. Sometimes it's simply not a fit...

I did some comparisons with real Wrecks along the way, as well as getting guidance from both Mark Kane and Allyn Meyers as far as part selection etc. The Train is pretty much an Express with DC preamp tube filaments and separate bias pots for each power tube. No other major changes. I have a few customers who either own real Wrecks or have friends who own them. The Heyboer transformers do respond differently than the stuff Kenny used.

The main differences IMHO are in the tubes (NOS or old) are much better than anything stock made today, the amps are brand new and not broken in, and I think with time the new amps will mellow a little. Like comparing a modern Les Paul to a 58, they will never be the same age...

Whatever, it's all good. Hope Mrscratch kicks some soundfiles out for us to enjoy !
i will soon. i have a little zoom q-3 that i can send stuff to youtube with, as soon as i figure it out.other then that ,im going to get into my friends studio asap. should be soon
Richie

Post by Richie »

the Q3 is great. Set it where your ears thinks it sounds the best,then record. The Q3 will probably turn out better than a studio recording. Some of the Q3 owners can peobably suggest the easiest way to use it. Its pretty simple.
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

Richie wrote:the Q3 is great. Set it where your ears thinks it sounds the best,then record. The Q3 will probably turn out better than a studio recording. Some of the Q3 owners can peobably suggest the easiest way to use it. Its pretty simple.
it seems like it would be a little fizzy? i use it to quickly record our shows and practice. how cam i hear what it sounds like for real, through a good stereo ? or im guessing through most of our computers!
jimsz

Post by jimsz »

Mrscratch wrote:i live in vancouver canada.
i can get to a studio. just need to find time.
I'm in the Vancouver area, too. If you're playing that puppy anywhere public, please let me know, would very much like to hear it live. :)
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

jimsz wrote:
I'm in the Vancouver area, too. If you're playing that puppy anywhere public, please let me know, would very much like to hear it live. :)
you are in luck! i play in a local band " LOS FURIOS"
www.myspace.com/losfurios , and we will be playing with a band called the "creepshow" in november at the rickshaw. i think its nov 6th it will sell out , so get your tix soon. we are a ska band, and creepshow is psychobilly. OR if you are adventurous, we are playing at the cobalt on oct 2nd i think, for some friends record launch.
anyway, check our myspace, all the dates are on it.
jimsz

Post by jimsz »

Mrscratch wrote:
jimsz wrote:
you are in luck! i play in a local band " LOS FURIOS"
www.myspace.com/losfurios , and we will be playing with a band called the "creepshow" in november at the rickshaw. i think its nov 6th it will sell out , so get your tix soon. we are a ska band, and creepshow is psychobilly. OR if you are adventurous, we are playing at the cobalt on oct 2nd i think, for some friends record launch.
anyway, check our myspace, all the dates are on it.
Thanks. I haven't played the Cobalt, but I have played the American across the street. We were playing a Doors tune and when we finished, the crowd cheered wildly, then we realized the Canucks just scored on the TV. :)
redshark

Post by redshark »

Lots of changes for sure in the trainwreck camps.
JM reissues are out, so is the Z-wreck and now one more new thing to add to the list....

http://www.kometamps.com/

Apparently now the songwriter 30 will be reissued by komet.
One of the supposely unique amps will be released soon.
It is evident that now the "No one but Ken can build a trainwreck..." is a thing from the past.
funkmeblue

Post by funkmeblue »

yet, still no dirty little monster
anything worth doing, is worth doing right
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I never expected the Songwriter 30 to ever be released but sounds like a great amp.

Here are notes from Hogy posted on TGP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Allynmey wrote:
I for one could care less if they made a million amps and ten million bucks

Ten dollah Wrecks!? Great place to start for a modder!

;)

I hear ya.
don280z

Post by don280z »

Allynmey wrote:How funny! www.trainwreck.com used to have a page specifically dedicated to denouncing this forum, myself and other people making TW style amps.

I just went there and the page is gone and in it's place is a page about John Mark (the guy who is making amps at ken's bench .....
Why does John Mark have a 'hotmail' address?? Shouldn't he have a 'trainwreck.com' e-mail address????
Billion81

Post by Billion81 »

don280z wrote:
Allynmey wrote:How funny! www.trainwreck.com used to have a page specifically dedicated to denouncing this forum, myself and other people making TW style amps.

I just went there and the page is gone and in it's place is a page about John Mark (the guy who is making amps at ken's bench .....
Why does John Mark have a 'hotmail' address?? Shouldn't he have a 'trainwreck.com' e-mail address????
Perhaps JM is not a tech type. Gmail will allow you to have a email address that appears as your own domain with Gmail acting as the back-end email host.

He could easily have Johnmark@trainwreck.com or some permutation thereof when there is really just a Gmail or Hotmail type back end service.

Perhaps Hotmail doesn't offer this but gmail does for sure. Great practice for small companies and startups.
Does your mother know you talk that way??
Mrscratch

Post by Mrscratch »

Hi Ted!! its jmp@trainwreck.com
redshark

Post by redshark »

This needs to be bumped cause life is a lot more fun with discussion!!

:D

I wonder when will happen that we have a JM trainwreck gut shots!!