Rocket chassis punch dimensions

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ampbldr2

Rocket chassis punch dimensions

Post by ampbldr2 »

I want to punch out the holes in a blank 8x17x2.5 that i have to make a rocket reverb wreck. Is there any document for the rocket that i can use to capture what the physical measurements are? If there isnt a doc maybe I can contribute one to the project.

Also in looking at the normster rocket reverb pics (forgive me if im mistaken here) but it looks like his chassis is bigger than a 8x17x2
amplifiednation

Re: Rocket chassis punch dimensions

Post by amplifiednation »

I used normsters layout and just printed to 11x17 and it was perfectly laid out real size. Move the rectifier tube over about three quarters of an inch if you use that document. It is too close to the transformers and there is space for it to be centered. It will fit the way it is though. Dont forget to mount your transformers in to allow for the front panel
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

can you post the link? I cant find a normster layout for the rocket.
amplifiednation

normster layout

Here's the normster layout...really well done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

thanks for the link. I tell the darn printer to do full scale but still prints it reduced. I still may draft a dwg to punch out the chassis.
amplifiednation

See if you can change the paper size to ledger then fit to page. We bought a big printer for my wifes graphic design and it prints 11 x 17 so I was able to print the layout the exact size of the chassis. If you can do that it really will help with your design. I was glad I finally figured out a way to benefit from that stinkin $300 printer!
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
amplifiednation

See if you can change the paper size to ledger then fit to page. We bought a big printer for my wifes graphic design and it prints 11 x 17 so I was able to print the layout the exact size of the chassis. If you can do that it really will help with your design. I was glad I finally figured out a way to benefit from that stinkin $300 printer!
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

I have a preliminary drawing of the chassis size and the panel faceplate (pgs1+2). Can someone tell me how off i am in the sizing of the pots and panel components?

-Disregard pages 3 & 4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

There is just so many posts in the trainwreck files section i overlooked that there was a post for the chassis hole plan.